Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-patten&prov=ap&type=lgns

Redskins release WR Patten
March 22, 2007

ASHBURN, Va. (AP) -- David Patten was cut by the Washington Redskins on Thursday after catching just 23 passes over two seasons.
The Redskins released Patten with three years remaining on the five-year, $13 million contract he signed as a free agent from New England in 2005. Patten felt ready to assume a lead role after years as part of an ensemble receiving corps with the Patriots, but he was never able to live up to his own billing.

Patten caught 22 passes in nine games in 2005 before knee surgery ended his season in November. In 2006, he caught just one pass for 25 yards, having fallen behind Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd and Antwaan Randle El on the depth chart.

The 32-year-old receiver also has played for the New York Giants and Cleveland in his 10 NFL seasons.

Updated on Thursday, Mar 22, 2007 6:19 pm EDT

Redskins released WR David Patten

Redskins released WR David Patten.

The definition of a Patriots system player, Patten caught just 23 passes after inking a five-year, $13.5 million contract in the spring of '05. He turns 33 before the upcoming season and could be finished in the NFL.

Will be interesting to see who picks him up do you think the Jets will go after David Patten.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=25383

Last edited:
Re: Redskins released WR David Patten

No way Patten makes the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to be the first. :rofl:

Last edited:
Too bad for David, the Redskins fans ridicule the poor guy for some drops (they were bad). He never really got a chance in washington though, injured his first year and buried on the depth chart thereafter. Too bad he wasn't released some time last year. If the Skins had any sense they would have traded him to the Pats last year for a 6th.

Lets give him another go, especially if we don't bring troy back. It would be nice to have someone with experience in the system.

Plus he is one of my favorite players from the past few years. he came out no where to help this team win a few titles. His catches in the back of the endzone in both AFCtitle and SB in our first run were amazing. plus he had that game where he threw a td ran one and caught one.

Lets give him another go, especially if we don't bring troy back. It would be nice to have someone with experience in the system.

Plus he is one of my favorite players from the past few years. he came out no where to help this team win a few titles. His catches in the back of the endzone in both AFCtitle and SB in our first run were amazing. plus he had that game where he threw a td ran one and caught one.

unfortunetly its all about the $$$

Again I will say this , Im very happy with the WR, we have 2 more to add in Troy Brown and a draft pick ... David Patten, while he did some great things for us, has as much chance to make the team as say Drew Bledsoe.. :p

I'd had rather seen Patten than Childress... Let's cut Childress and sign Patten!! lol...

Shadow roster...

Really could have used him last year though.

I for one don't begrudge a guy who loaded trucks to make ends meet before helping us win a couple of rings pocketing a couple of million of Snyders wasted dollars. With Branch and Givens emerging and us tight up against the cap he was never gonna see that kind of bonus money here.

I once had the user name BradyToPatten.

But I think that time has passed.

(Almost adopted BradyToVrabel next, but I digress ...)

I once had the user name BradyToPatten.

But I think that time has passed.

(Almost adopted BradyToVrabel next, but I digress ...)
as Don Corleone said "you dont come back when you leave the family"

One of my all time favorite plays was Patton TO Brady.

We got a ****load of mileage out of a couple of smurfs with intangibles. :D

as Don Corleone said "you dont come back when you leave the family"

That wasn't what fans were saying last season, though, was it?

Re: Redskins released WR David Patten

I like Patten, but we're not signing another WR. That's silly.

Stupid stupid Redskins....got exactly what they deserved when they raided us and took him away.

Patten a real good guy and I am glad he got his money, he really deserved it.

He will always have a piece of my heart for a whole slew of clutch grabs during that first winning Superbowl run of ours.

All of that said, sorry David, no room at the Inn this year!!

i like the catch he made in the snowbowl on his knees .i would love to see him come back but i don't see it happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down