PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins may come apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR4

In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well I guess it finally caught up with D.Snyder.
CAP hell has arrived for the Washington Redskins and
it looks like they will have to start cutting some good
players.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9244108

JR4 said:
Well I guess it finally caught up with D.Snyder.
CAP hell has arrived for the Washington Redskins and
it looks like they will have to start cutting some good
players.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9244108
You knew it would catch up to them sometime. They are just not smart about the cap, despite Dan Snyder's competence as a businessman. This was never something that Joe Gibbs was really involved with either. In fact, I think part of the reason for his first retirement was the salary cap and the issues it would cause.

I'm just so glad we have a coach who understands the cap and makes it a priority!

Bella*chick said:

I'm just so glad we have a coach who understands the cap and makes it a priority!

AMEN!!!!!!!

Snyder is like the kid who never had to take no for an answer and therefore doesn't believe it exists. Gibbs is like the 70's Hs teacher of the year who who taught my generation and has no concept of what dealing with this new millenium's generation of students entails. The pairing was a prescription for disaster from the get go.

MoLewisrocks said:
Snyder is like the kid who never had to take no for an answer and therefore doesn't believe it exists. Gibbs is like the 70's Hs teacher of the year who who taught my generation and has no concept of what dealing with this new millenium's generation of students entails. The pairing was a prescription for disaster from the get go.
Those may be the most perfect similes in the history of ever.

Snyder's a moron, but I'm holding out a slim hope for Gibbs being able to adapt.

I'm surprised they stayed afloat this long.

They fielded a decent playoff team, so they are less incompetent than I thought.

I was beginning to wonder if they'd found a way to subvert the cap.

Now to the important part. Are they going to throw anybody overboard that we can use?

A new CBA and 100 Million cap may kepe things from totally imploding there. That is one main reason why Snyder will abandon alligning himself with the legions of owners that are for revenue sharing that is more condusive to a high income situation, even though he is one of the "haves"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down