PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins in playoffs- How bad is the NFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We crushed them and yet if they win next week they are in the playoffs.
If they played us or the Colts 10 times each, they would not win 1 game imo.

Pretty bad. Why couldn't the Pats move to the NFC instead of Seattle?

how bad is the NFC? bad enough so that the playoffs are going to be much harder for us than the superbowl

In General:

The NFC leads the season series: 31-29
The NFC East: 10-4
The NFC North: 12-3
The NFC South: 3-13
The NFC West: 6-9

Specifically (and just my opinion:)

The NFC "elite" teams: Dallas and Green Bay are not at the same level as New England and Indy and possibly Jacksonville, San Diego (coming on strong) and Pittsburg (fading fast.)

On the side: Green Bay took an unexpected loss yesterday, the type of beating that makes one question if they (a young team) have hit the "wall" (or they are incapable of playing in cold weather, which might be an equal problem.) I don't think they have a good chance in the Super Bowl against any of the AFC teams I've listed above.

Cowboy injuries must be keeping people up late in Dallas. A QB's thumb (which could be nagging) and a star WR "high ankle" sprain (a 2-6 week injury) might kick the Pokes out of the playoffs in the first round.

Nobody else in the NFC looks fearsome.

To be fair, for the GB game, they couldn't even get snaps off because the wind blew the ball over their heads. Punts went ten yards and took a nosedive. :D The wind during the Jets game looked like a mild breeze compared to this one.

Last edited:
Also to be fair, Chicago played in the same weather and dominated. Granted, this game was Chicago's "Super Bowl", but Green Bay got out-played in every facet of the game.

That said, Green Bay could represent the NFC in the Super Bowl, no doubt. I just don't think the odds are a coin flip.

I liked what I saw out of the Redskins yesterday,, They ran the ball against the Vikes better than we would have. Came up with that 4-4-3 defense, that if BB had developed we all would have called him a genius,,,

When the Redskins played us, how many bad plays did Jason Campbell make, I seem to remember 2 fumbles and an interception for a TD.

I think we have had a few games that just went our way, and that was one of them. They may not be able to beat us, but would be a more interesting game with decent QB play on their part.

The Vikings are one of those teams the NFC is filled with...head-scratching teams that look unbeatable one week and awful the next. The Redskins have always had their number, especially in their dome, so I was not surprised they won.

We crushed them and yet if they win next week they are in the playoffs.
If they played us or the Colts 10 times each, they would not win 1 game imo.
For what it's worth, the NFC leads the AFC by 2 games in interconference play this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back