PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins game could be a tough out

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
iam sure all teams are but that team has the secondary which will challenge our passing game. Any thoughts ?

Ehh, I don't know how close that game will be.

Yes-the Skins' back 7 is arguably the best in the NFL-Springs/Rogers/Taylor/Landry is a beast combo.

However-Joe Gibbs has shown why the game has passed him by-instead of going for the kill in second halves of games, he tries to play "not to lose".(otherwise, they should have beaten the Giants and Packers in recent weeks)
He has some 12 blown second half leads since he came back.

Jason Campbell has played very well-but his receivers have been inconsistent.

Any game against a good defense could be tough but the only two games that REALLY concern me in the regular season are @ Indy and home to Pittsburgh which is after a MNF game at Baltimore.

I'd rank the concern games in order as:

1) Indy

2) Pitt

3) Balto on MNF

4) AFCDG

5) AFCCG

6) Jets in Gillette (concern here is humanitarian for the lives of the Jets)

7) Whichever JV team the Pats play in SB 42

iam sure all teams are but that team has the secondary which will challenge our passing game. Any thoughts ?

Living in Redskin territory, I can assure you that they have NO prayer against us.

They are so hurting on Oline that they had to reinject an injured player at the end of the game because they did not have a single healthy linemen to play the last spot.

They were down 2 linemen for the year (1 might be back near the playoffs) before the game and lost 3 more to injury during the game... not sure how long any of them will be out, but let's just say that things are not looking good for them.

They need the perfect storm of events to take place just for them to remain competitive:
1) Getting these 3 guys back quickly from injury
2) Not having any more Oline injuries
3) Hopefully picking up at least one more Lineman to get them by.

As far as their game against us, I wouldn't sweat it.

Ive seen every Redskins game as a Giants fan this season. Washingtons defense is very good, but they have had consistent issues getting pressure on the QB for years now, their pass rush is not very good. It was there in the Lions game and that greatly inflates their sack totals, but the Lions are on pace to give up more sacks then any team in NFL history, so thats not a great barometer of what they are

Washington should not be an issue for you. While they have a very good back 7 on defense, they will put zero pressure on Brady. their offensive line is about as banged up as any offensive line Ive ever seen right now. They have 3 starters out on the offensive line, and 2 of their backups are also out. The right side of their O line is now a complete joke, and while Campbell has proven to be an OK game manager hes yet proven he can ever do anything to put a team on his back. Doesnt have a 300 yard game or even a 3 TD pass game yet. Santana Moss has been in and out of the lineup with nagging injuries and his chemistry with Campbell is nill. They can't score points

I think Washington will ultimately prove to be the worst team in the NFC East. They are very banged up right now

BTW.... The Redskins are the ONLY team in the NFL that Tom Brady has not beaten. This will be a pats victory.

Living in Redskin territory, I can assure you that they have NO prayer against us.

I agree with him.

With the rule changes, good O beats good D in this league. I don't see them holding us below 28. And their offense is putrid. Jason Campbell is pretty good, but a young QB against BB is not a recipe for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back