PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins free agent safety LaRon Landry signs with the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Jersey jets will win it all again this summer!

Do the Jets still have Leonhard on the roster?

I heard the PFW guys say a stat, that he had no passes defended in 8 of his games last year? I definitely won't be griefing about him not being here.

He has 4 picks and 32 passed defended in his CAREER. And is passing on surgery for the 2nd time. Yeah, I have no problem passing this one up.

Ah Richard Marshall, what could have been. Don't you know nobody wants to play for the Dolphins?

ps Lurked over at JI a bit, long enough to see one person suggest that he could cover Gronk and another refer to him as a poor man's Polamalu. By poor I assume he meant living in a sewer, bathing in feces while he uses his own urine for mouthwash. That guy still might not be poor enough to describe the void between Landry and Polamalu and I think Head and Shoulders is over-rated.

I put the over-under on games played at 6 (although if he hits Gonzalez over the middle you could forget the cart and just bring in a dustpan and broom to sweep up the shards of glass.)

He has 4 picks and 32 passed defended in his CAREER. And is passing on surgery for the 2nd time. Yeah, I have no problem passing this one up.

Ah Richard Marshall, what could have been. Don't you know nobody wants to play for the Dolphins?

ps Lurked over at JI a bit, long enough to see one person suggest that he could cover Gronk and another refer to him as a poor man's Polamalu. By poor I assume he meant living in a sewer, bathing in feces while he uses his own urine for mouthwash. That guy still might not be poor enough to describe the void between Landry and Polamalu and I think Head and Shoulders is over-rated.

I put the over-under on games played at 6 (although if he hits Gonzalez over the middle you could forget the cart and just bring in a dustpan and broom to sweep up the shards of glass.)

Ridiculous, we wanted him, now he signs with NY and he sucks.

He's a UFA and still recovering.

For the right money I think Leonard could fit on the Pats - probably wouldn't get activated until week 6 but there are always injuries in the secondary. Leonard is a smart player at a position where it makes a big differnence. Main problem is he has now had two season ending injuries in a row, which is a bad trend.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie I wanted landry, but there are a few db's in the draft I wouldn't mind snagging either. Tis a shame he chose the jest though.

Let's not play this game. We definitely wanted Landry. He'd be an upgrade over what we have.

Soooo happy he is in NY...So now jets are SB favorites right?

Damn, Pats really needed him. Oh well.

its a risk i would have been happy if we'd taken.... but obviously now hes with the jets i hope hes crocked.
It's not a risk worth taking at $4M and I liked the idea of adding Landry as a SS/LB hybrid. That's way too much money for a part time DB who can't cover.

Last edited:

I didn't think he was worth acquiring a month ago (even posted my initial response in this thread). If you go back to the thread that I linked from back in February, the general consensus was that he was too injury-prone to be worth the money that he would command, and too poor in coverage to address the real need, which was someone to play opposite Chung (and ideally mask his own shortcomings in coverage). That isn't a new sentiment on this board. I was nervous for the whole time that we were rumored to be pursuing him, and am now relieved that he signed elsewhere.

I do agree with you that it can be pretty funny how quickly this board turns on someone, though. Moss and Seymour are probably my two favorite semi-recent examples.

Last edited:

There were many fans on this board who didn't want him healthy or not.
I know because I wanted him assuming he was healthy, and many fans posted disagreement of that.

I didn't want him. I could look up some posts from the Landry rumor thread but I don't care enough to. I don't think this board is a we, it's a bunch of me's.

I'm not loosing sleep over the guy signing with the N.J. Rats................

I'll admit that I wanted him purely for the sake of not ever seeing Barrett, Brown, Ihedigbo(OK player but got tired of watching 3 injury T.O.'s a game), Nate Jones or the Slater experiment at any of the Safety positions even for one snap.........but then again that doesn't inspire my confidence either

If healthy he's much better than the alternative we have outside of Gregory, Chung and McCourty's dual CB/FS role........but alas Mark Barron does inspire my confidence who's an enforcer, but with decent ball-skills........hopefully the Pat's have a plan to screw Rexy's pipe-dreams of Barron in the draft...Harrison Smith and Martin aren't bad options either....perhaps Sean Jones might be worth a look?

I don't think his health should be a problem...

The Jets do have the best feet people in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes