PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskins free agent safety LaRon Landry signs with the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a risk i would have been happy if we'd taken.... but obviously now hes with the jets i hope hes crocked.

Rex had to do something....

The Jets' safeties were horrible in coverage last year. Landry is a big hitter, but is also pretty bad in coverage. I can't wait to see him try to stay with Gronk, Hernandez, or, God forbid, Lloyd. Brady is going to roast him.

I love it. Pretty weak in coverage.

So ... he has decided to embrace the suck. So be it.

Apparently he sucks more than we thought. :singing:

He saw those muscles and he got hungry.

And he found out that Landry goes for Foot Pedicures 3 times a month!!!

Ryan checked the bottom of Laron's feet,saw not one callus and he was in love.

Last edited:
He sucks! I didn't want him on the team anyway... :rolleyes:

That leaves the Patriots short at safety.

Oh well, classic case of "you can't have everything".....

That leaves the Patriots short at safety.

Oh well, classic case of "you can't have everything".....

Bill probably has his eye on a too small later round LB in the draft ... :cool:

Last edited:
I heard the PFW guys say a stat, that he had no passes defended in 8 of his games last year? I definitely won't be griefing about him not being here.

I could see Harrison Smith or Antonio Allen on the Pats Radar on the second day of the draft

"Can't wait" for his 1st 4 game roid-violation suspension!

I heard the PFW guys say a stat, that he had no passes defended in 8 of his games last year? I definitely won't be griefing about him not being here.
This is true but he's not a coverage safety. He's an in the box guy and a likely replacement for Eric Smith. They still have no one at FS.

Wouldn't have minded if he was here, but not upset that he's going to the Jets. Especially at 4 mil

My take on him is the same as it was in the first Landry thread a month ago:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...-washington-redskins-safety-laron-landry.html

I like him as a player, but he's been IRed for the same heel injury for two years running now. For some reason he won't have surgery on it, which means the chances of him being available for the playoffs are pretty slim. On the basis of that alone, his value to a contending team is questionable.

Background: http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/...illes-surgery/

I think that the therapy that he is undergoing (PRP) is the same as what Kobe Bryant had done to his knees over the offseason. Never got the sense that Kobe's knee injuries were as severe as what Landry's dealing with, though

If he can somehow stay healthy, though, then that could be a pretty good signing for the Jets. Reasonable money, and Rex will find a way to play to his strengths. He can't cover, but I'm sure that they're not signing him with the expectation that he can. They know that he's not the answer at FS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey