PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redskin's D'Angelo Hall also states NFL players target opponents injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Sellers

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Last week Tedy Bruschi commented that the Cowboys erred by disclosing so much information about Tony Romo's injury, stating that he would use that information and target that information. Afterwards there was a wide variety of reactions; some felt that was unsportsmanlike or even dirty play; others wished Bruschi hadn't said that because it reflected poorly on the Patriots; and others simply shrugged their shoulders as that pronouncement was non-news.

Now today D'Angelo Hall (whose Washington Redskins team faces Romo and the Cowboys Sunday) says “Absolutely,” when asked whether he would go after Romo. “I’m going to get a chance to try to put my helmet on whatever’s hurt. If it’s Romo’s ribs, I’m going to be asking for some corner blitzes.”

“If I know Felix Jones’ shoulder is hurt, I’m not going to be cutting him. I’m going to definitely be trying to hit him high. That’s just part of it. If you know something’s wrong with an opponent, you’re going to try to target in on that,” he said. “We’re going to definitely try to get as many hats on those guys as possible.”

Column: "If you know something's wrong with opponent, you're going to try to target that" - The Washington Post

Personally I thought then, and still think now that the negative reaction by many towards Bruschi was unwarranted and naive. Bruschi and Hall are simply being honest about how the game is played - though since Hall is a current player, I think he would have been better served by keeping his mouth shut.

And no surprise, TWWL is all over Hall's comments with this headline:
Is DeAngelo Hall allowed to say that? - SportsNation - ESPN

Man that is football.....not just the NFL.

Its a reality of the game itself....this is not soccer!!

Hall is just a loud mouth about it! I would be worried about a guy like Orakpo thinking this which I am sure he is. Football is about winning and any advantage will be exploited just that simple. Hall is just saying what all defensive player are thinking trust me they just cannot help it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back