PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Redemption Game on Monday Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
The theme of Monday night's game should be "redemption" - here's why:

1) The Pats need to get back on track after the debacle in San Diego. Not just Cassel either - all players and coaches. We're facing a potent passing attack that will certainly challenge our secondary - time to step up. Shanahan is one of the best coaches out there and will provide a great test for us -our team needs to answer the challenge.

2) Our history with the Denver Broncos is "painful" at best. 3-16 over the last 25 years and countless embarrassments against this team. They've dominated our Brady-led teams with lesser QB's and it's time to turn the tables on them.

3) THE FANS. We were all ripped by the national media after the Miami game. Here's our chance to show what we're made of in front of a national audience. BE LOUD. GET CRAZY. They need our support against a really potent offense. Pretend it's the Colts for all I care - just make a difference.

Sorry aint happening. They couldn't get pressure on Rivers or cover the 4th tier Chargers receivers. Denver has a better O-line. And two of the best if not the best wideouts in the league. Unless the Pats can keep the ball for 40-minutes it's Denver by at least 14.

Winning Mon. nite could be called redemption, but losing Monday nite would be more of a referendum on the quality of the fans in attendance than a verdict on how the rest of the Pats season will play out. I agree wholeheartedly that this team needs FANS, not fans.

Sorry aint happening. They couldn't get pressure on Rivers or cover the 4th tier Chargers receivers. Denver has a better O-line. And two of the best if not the best wideouts in the league. Unless the Pats can keep the ball for 40-minutes it's Denver by at least 14.

It's amazing how things have changed regarding this matchup - a few years ago Pats fans thought we could handle Denver easily...and the team embarrassed themselves. Now things don't look so good for New England....could we be in for another suprise Monday night?

If the secondary doesn't step up they will get torched,or maybe,just maybe,some kind of pass rush develops.....I would like to see some kind of improvement,don't expect perfection.

i owuld like to see a win, but i just cant get it cemented in my head

now i know how eagles fans felt like every year when mcnabb went down, nothing to look forward to on sunday

We can't beat Team A because we didn't beat Team B doesn't work.

Jets beat Dolphins
Patriots beat Jets
Dolphins blowout Patriots

We can't beat Team A because we didn't beat Team B doesn't work.

Jets beat Dolphins
Patriots beat Jets
Dolphins blowout Patriots

We can beat the Donkey heads because we got killed against worse teams like SD and Miami. Makes sense.

surely it will be a tough game but surely we have a chance; i would like to see an improved pass rush and better secondary

1) The Pats need to get back on track after the debacle in San Diego. Not just Cassel either - all players and coaches. We're facing a potent passing attack that will certainly challenge our secondary - time to step up. Shanahan is one of the best coaches out there and will provide a great test for us -our team needs to answer the challenge.

2) Our history with the Denver Broncos is "painful" at best. 3-16 over the last 25 years and countless embarrassments against this team. They've dominated our Brady-led teams with lesser QB's and it's time to turn the tables on them.

3) THE FANS. We were all ripped by the national media after the Miami game. Here's our chance to show what we're made of in front of a national audience. BE LOUD. GET CRAZY. They need our support against a really potent offense. Pretend it's the Colts for all I care - just make a difference.
god i hope you guys are seeking redemption, put a 50-0 beating on those bastards!!!

We can beat the Donkey heads because we got killed against worse teams like SD and Miami. Makes sense.
sd isn't worse than denver, don't let hochuli skull f you into believing that

check the points for points against

sd isn't worse than denver, don't let hochuli skull f you into believing that

check the points for points against

The call was awful, but San Diego still had their chance to STOP Denver, then stop them again on 4th down, then win the game after that with a FG.

If they were really that much better they wouldn't have allowed 476 yards of total offense, and they wouldn't have been in that position.

But that's a different argument. We'll see what happens when we play later in the year in San Diego.

As for this being a redemption game for the Pats, I agree.

For some reason, Denver is 5-1 against the Tom Brady led Patriots since 2001, but I don't know how sure I am right now when they are being led by Matt Cassel.

I really don't think this will be a blowout by any means, rather a 3 point game in either direction. This is definitely a winnable game for New England though, and I'm confident, but I'm a little nervous. :cool:

Typically, the Pats play good after a bad loss. I see some schemes put in place to try to stop the long passes from killing us again. From a offensive aspect, I see some building off the last few drives sunday night versus the Chargers, when they could finally move the ball.

REDEMPTION!! PERFECT WORD...seeing as how the broncs have had our number lately...i'd love to see cutler's face in the ground

REDEMPTION was ours Monday night! The team, the fans, everything was terrific! The best game I've seen in Foxboro- BY FAR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes