PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox Vs Rays:

Run DMC

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Well, it's put up or shutup time.

Papi 3 run dinger off Kazmir-1st inning. So far, so good. :D

Lowell- another dinger! I hope we make a statement in this series.

Well it's now 12-1 Red Sox lead ... too early to say we are tied? :p

13-1 ... should we be saving a few for the rest of the series?:confused:

With first place at stake, it's amazing that there were only 29,000 fans at the game (72% full). Probably 1/3 were Sox fans. Don't the folks down there care that the Rays finally have a good, young, contending team?

With first place at stake, it's amazing that there were only 29,000 fans at the game (72% full). Probably 1/3 were Sox fans. Don't the folks down there care that the Rays finally have a good, young, contending team?

It's really too bad. I lived in that area when Florida did not have a baseball team and everyone was wearing t-shirts with the slogan, hey MLB and a middle finger shooting out (or something to that effect). Then they were awarded Miami and St. Pete. Miami has won two World Championships and has not drawn crowds at all. St. Pete built their stadium before they even had a team and that stadium was obsolete when the Rays were awarded. Before the 'Can' was built, the two markets (Tampa/St. Pete) fought over the location, with the geriatric crowd winning. What a freakin' mess.

I am going out on a limb and predicting we take first tonight with a 5-4 win!

the only sport fla cares about is football.

Maybe, but I think it might also have something to do with all the spring training. Those tickets are steep and they still draw. Football is king in Dallas, but they still manage to fill stadiums for the Rangers or Mavericks. Houston has problems drawing (forgot what team/basketball?) but not the football team, go figure.

Maybe, but I think it might also have something to do with all the spring training. Those tickets are steep and they still draw. Football is king in Dallas, but they still manage to fill stadiums for the Rangers or Mavericks. Houston has problems drawing (forgot what team/basketball?) but not the football team, go figure.
spring training is full because its filled with people from the northeast who are redsox fans. most baseball fans in fla are northeast people in my opinion.

how could you say that, they average a whole 600 people per game for the Marlins

Florida people are only passionate about the $1.99 breakfast special.

spring training is full because its filled with people from the northeast who are redsox fans. most baseball fans in fla are northeast people in my opinion.

There are a whole lot of northeasterners in Fl, but it doesn't mean they won't support a team. The hockey team in Tampa does very well with selling seats and we are talking playing on ice in the sunshine state.

There are a whole lot of northeasterners in Fl, but it doesn't mean they won't support a team. The hockey team in Tampa does very well with selling seats and we are talking playing on ice in the sunshine state.
who said north eastern people in fla dont support sports? i didnt. let me try again. fla has crappy fans when it comes to baseball. thats a fact. all anybody has to do is look at the marlins and the rays attendence. spring training is filled with people from the north east on vacation. spring training is irrelevant anyway. in general fla is a football state.

who said north eastern people in fla dont support sports? i didnt. let me try again. fla has crappy fans when it comes to baseball. thats a fact. all anybody has to do is look at the marlins and the rays attendence. spring training is filled with people from the north east on vacation. spring training is irrelevant anyway. in general fla is a football state.

To say a whole state has crappy baseball fans, thus will not support a baseball team is a little stretch. I'm not sure what the problem with the Marlins is, one problem with the Rays is that they built the stadium in the wrong town. If you have ever lived in Florida, then you would know that Florida has a huge youth baseball system. Its' not like they grow up and divorce baseball for football.

To say a whole state has crappy baseball fans, thus will not support a baseball team is a little stretch. I'm not sure what the problem with the Marlins is, one problem with the Rays is that they built the stadium in the wrong town. If you have ever lived in Florida, then you would know that Florida has a huge youth baseball system. Its' not like they grow up and divorce baseball for football.
its not a stretch at all. fla doesnt support major league baseball. the reasons why fla doesnt is another discussion. of course there are reasons. the only time the rays get a good crowd are when the sox or the yankees are in town. cmon. the problem with the marlins is nobody gives a sh!t. I've been in fla plenty . and your right they do have a great youth baseball system but what does that have to do with supporting there major league baseball teams? they dont. the rays have been in first place all year and nobody down there cares. even the rays players have commented on it.

Well we're constipated tonight but we squeezed 1 prune out:p ... 1-0 Sox:D

Looks like the Sox are going to have to "squeeze" another one out.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back