PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox Upstage Patriots Once Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard that the Patriots schedule the NFL draft just to spoil the Red Sox opening too. Damn those NE owners are sneaky.:rolleyes:

It is about mo money, mo money, mo money.. and last year they lost some interest. RS Tix go on sale Saturday...

We can all exist together, great time to be a NE Sports Fan..

ESPN fawning over Boston again like its 2004, 2005, 2007... love it

1) I swear, this current Red Sox ownership does this on purpose

2) People beleive it's a red sox town first because the media shoves that perception down your throat. Bet your bottom dollar, they weren't takin' any football calls this morning

3) Larry Luchhino is a hugh scumbag

4) John Henry is a creepy rich dude

5) I hope the Yankees embarass the Sox, again, this year. Eff them. Hate 'em.

6) I have seen this phenomenon with my own eyes on a few occasions: Room with Red Sox and Pats players. Big Papi getting lots of attention. The minute Tom Brady walks in the room- Papi and the rest of his teammates are left in the dust. Tom Brady trascends sports in this town. He's Gawd. Ever go to a Celtics game? Big Papi, Youk, etc shown on Jumbo - a nice reception by the crowd. A Patriots player like Welker or Branch? Thunderous applaus. If they show Belichick of Brady on the jumbotron, the place gets so loud you can feel it shake.

Yeah .. The Sox make their FA Signings and Trades around the Pats Regular season games vs division rivals. Come On ! This thread is so ridiculous that I hope I am just misreading the sarcasm. Most of the people on this board love the Sox & Pats equally. Its 1A or 1B in most cases. Spending $300M on two major players is Big News! Get used to it ..

The Red Sox, in my little insignificant world, will never ever ever upstage the Patriots.....eveRRRRR...you could outsource them to India and I would never know the difference.

My thoughts, exactly.

I know it's been said, but this is nonsense. It's the winter meetings, what the hell are they supposed to do? Not sign people to avoid hurting Patriots fans feelings? Some of us actually support all of the teams, amazing I know, but it's true and we welcome good news from all 4.

Yeah .. The Sox make their FA Signings and Trades around the Pats Regular season games vs division rivals. Come On ! This thread is so ridiculous that I hope I am just misreading the sarcasm. Most of the people on this board love the Sox & Pats equally. Its 1A or 1B in most cases. Spending $300M on two major players is Big News! Get used to it ..

Not me. I can't stand the Red Sox. I wish them absolute failure. That scumbag Larry Lucchino did it for me. I could never root for a team he is affilated with in any capacity.

Last edited:
How can you be a Pats fan and be upset about the Sox signings? That seems really crazy to me.

In my family, the Red Sox are traditionally the number 1 obsession followed by the Bruins then the Pats. This has changed recently (obviously) .

So you're a fairweather fan. ;)

What are they suppose to do? Not try to improve the team during weeks the Pats have a big game?

I doubt the Sox are timing their signing based on what is happening in Foxoboro, but are simply trying to improve the team. Likewise, I doubt BB times Patriots signings and trade based on what is happening in Fenway.

The Patriots acquired Randy Moss in a trade on April 29, 2007. That was the same day the Red Sox took the rubber game of a 3-game series in the Bronx, beating the Yanks, 7-4. It was a big early-season series between hated rivals, and yet the Patriots showed such a lack of concern and respect by making the Moss deal as that was happening for the Red Sox.

What a bunch of jerks.

:bricks:

who?

neva hoid of 'em!

Not me. I can't stand the Red Sox. I wish them absolute failure. That scumbag Larry Lucchino did it for me. I could never root for a team he is affilated with in any capacity.

What'd he do? Run over your cat?

Last edited:
1) I swear, this current Red Sox ownership does this on purpose

2) People beleive it's a red sox town first because the media shoves that perception down your throat. Bet your bottom dollar, they weren't takin' any football calls this morning

3) Larry Luchhino is a hugh scumbag

4) John Henry is a creepy rich dude

5) I hope the Yankees embarass the Sox, again, this year. Eff them. Hate 'em.

6) I have seen this phenomenon with my own eyes on a few occasions: Room with Red Sox and Pats players. Big Papi getting lots of attention. The minute Tom Brady walks in the room- Papi and the rest of his teammates are left in the dust. Tom Brady trascends sports in this town. He's Gawd. Ever go to a Celtics game? Big Papi, Youk, etc shown on Jumbo - a nice reception by the crowd. A Patriots player like Welker or Branch? Thunderous applaus. If they show Belichick of Brady on the jumbotron, the place gets so loud you can feel it shake.

I get it, you hate the Red Sox. But since this is most important week in MLB off season when are the suppose to announce these things? Are the suppose to call the Patriots and ask for permission?

What'd he do? Run over your cat?

I don't know why this guy hates Lucchino, but people in CT have a legitimate reason for disliking Bob Kraft after the way he jerked Connecticut around years ago.

It is weird that the Red Sox always seem to sign players during the baseball off-season.

images

I don't know why this guy hates Lucchino, but people in CT have a legitimate reason for disliking Bob Kraft after the way he jerked Connecticut around years ago.

I could honestly care less. His rant just sounded a tad too personal and nutty if you ask me. Besides, I hate the Yankees.

I could honestly care less. His rant just sounded a tad too personal and nutty if you ask me. Besides, I hate the Yankees.

LOL. I'm with you there. I hope they go 0-162 every single year.

I was in Connecticut during that time, and the only one I was aware of who seemed to think the Pats would move there was Gov. Rowland, who departed from office a few years later to serve his federal prison sentence. Once again, Kraft showed he knew what he was doing.

And UCONN went division one football with that location - win/win scenario. That's really the only team that matters to Connecticut. Otherwise, its half Jets and Giants and half Patriots.

Last edited:
Another crap column from the wannabe sportswriter. This is not "a baseball area," Bob George. Boston is a baseball city, New England is a FOOTBALL area.

Last edited:
It is weird that the Red Sox always seem to sign players during the baseball off-season.

And how about the way they signed the latest guy on a WEDNESDAY! It's like they're purposely stepping all over the hallowed hold the NFL has on Wednesdays.

how much talk about the pats destroying the jets can we possibly want?

I could talk about it quite a bit, actually.

And UCONN went division one football with that location - win/win scenario. That's really the only team that matters to Connecticut. Otherwise, its half Jets and Giants and half Patriots.

I'd say 50% Pats, 45% Giants, and 5% Jest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back