PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox site disses Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The clip on the Red Sox site was supposed to be about greatest moments in Boston sports. They show Orrs goal against the Blues for Stanly Cup, Celtics winning Championships, Red Sox winning their Championship and lots more clips of Red Sox hi lites but no Patriots hi lites whatsoever.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=bos

This crap only takes points away from them in my opinion.
Do they really think they're going to win over Boston fans who love the Patriots this way.
What do they think they're going to accomplish with this crap.
Where's Rodney?

363839 said:
The clip on the Red Sox site was supposed to be about greatest moments in Boston sports. They show Orrs goal against the Blues for Stanly Cup, Celtics winning Championships, Red Sox winning their Championship and lots more clips of Red Sox hi lites but no Patriots hi lites whatsoever.

Do they really think they're going to win over Boston fans who love the Patriots this way.
Where's Rodney?

They've got Lombardi envy!

363839 said:

Where's Rodney?

Well are the Pats are from Boston? I know, I know, Foxboro is a spit in the wind away, but it is still not in Boston. They are the New England Patriots not Boston Patriots anymore. So let them have their shin dig.

363839 said:

Where's Rodney?

I'll cut them slack for showing video (in a 15 or 20 second DVD commercial for "City of Champions - the Best of Boston Sports") the "Boston" Celtics, the "Boston" Bruins, the "Boston" Red Sox and "Boston" College but not the "New England" Patriots. When they do flash the team names across the screen the very first one, however, is "Patriots". I'm not offended and I'm not going to buy the DVD anyway. I'm also sure, though, that the Pats are in the DVD proper. I don't think they dissed the Pats (who don't play in Boston anymore) they play in Foxboro.

They don't have to "win over" the Boston fans and I could care less whether they do or do not. I'm a "New Englander" from NH and I've had a love affair with this team from the very beginning. They didn't win their 3 championships in Boston anyway, they won them in the humble New England city of Foxboro. The movers and shakers running the city of Boston couldn't get their collective heads out of their collective butts to find a way or a place to build a stadium in Boston. So because the city of Boston didn't want them, they forced the team and the stadium to end up somewhere else. And I like it that way because it made them the region's team not another "Boston" team.

edzo44 said:
I'll cut them slack for showing video (in a 15 or 20 second DVD commercial for "City of Champions - the Best of Boston Sports") the "Boston" Celtics, the "Boston" Bruins, the "Boston" Red Sox and "Boston" College but not the "New England" Patriots. When they do flash the team names across the screen the very first one, however, is "Patriots". I'm not offended and I'm not going to buy the DVD anyway. I'm also sure, though, that the Pats are in the DVD proper. I don't think they dissed the Pats (who don't play in Boston anymore) they play in Foxboro.

They don't have to "win over" the Boston fans and I could care less whether they do or do not. I'm a "New Englander" from NH and I've had a love affair with this team from the very beginning. They didn't win their 3 championships in Boston anyway, they won them in the humble New England city of Foxboro. The movers and shakers running the city of Boston couldn't get their collective heads out of their collective butts to find a way or a place to build a stadium in Boston. So because the city of Boston didn't want them, they forced the team and the stadium to end up somewhere else. And I like it that way because it made them the region's team not another "Boston" team.

I agree with all of the above but all teams playing in Boston rep all of New England.
You are exactly the fan the Red Sox should try to win over and I can see their plan is not working.

363839 said:

Where's Rodney?
if your from boston like i am then you love them all the same .bruins celtics redsox patriots i love them all no matter how good they are .

Digger44 said:
Well are the Pats are from Boston? I know, I know, Foxboro is a spit in the wind away, but it is still not in Boston. They are the New England Patriots not Boston Patriots anymore. So let them have their shin dig.
I think the whole Boston/New England thing is silly...they are from Boston and New England...kind of hard calling the team the Foxboro Patriots or having the Boston Patriots that play in Foxboro...but how many other teams in other cities play in the cities proper esp the NFL?? I think Sullivan had foresight to understand regionalism way way before many. They also were close to RI and Providence. All teams now are regional whether in name or spirit....the Sox especially so..always have been. Is it a bit of a diss...of course.,,but am I surprised??

I think it's being read too much into. Who cares?!

And yes, the Patriots are prominently featured in the "Greatest Boston Sports Moments" DVD.

I guess New York City sports montages like that would never consider placing the Giants or Jets in them, because not only do these teams not play in the city, but in fact play in different states. Nor could they include the Islanders, since they play on Long Island.

How about the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim? Now there's a mess for you.

I don't like it when Patriots or Red Sox fans disrespect each other.

I think we can all do more to show respect and support for each other - which is why I think you should all join me in calling for a "Tony Conigliaro Bobble Head" giveaway at a Patriots home game this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes