PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox season concerns me re: the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP#40

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Like the Sox, are the Patriots relying too much on older vets and unproven rookies?
Rodney, 54, Troy, Seau,Vrabel. Older players do tend to break down more. Maroney , Chad J, the new tight ends. We are expecting a lot out of these rookies. Not to mention TBC who needs to play a big role in the pass rush having never been a starter before. I do see 12-4, but with a few of the older vets ? at best, if 1or 2 go down, 10-6 would not suprise me.

HUGE differences. The only rook the Pats are really relying on for a major role (assuming they can get Branch to play) is Gostkowski, and even then barring a game clinching kick with time running out he isn't going to have to play the roles of Hansen and Delcarmen, not to mention how much longer it takes for baseball rookies in general to develop. Hansen and Lester especially are clearly not ready for prime time and shouldn't be compared to rookies in football who contribute quite often right out of college. As far as the older vets, Seau is the only real concern, generally speaking I worry more about Rodney and Tedy coming off the injuries than I do his age and Vrabel isn't really that old.

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference is that the Patriots don't have an incompetant manager. The thing that is most hurting the Red Sox this year is injuries. The Pats have proven in the past that they can win superbowls with a record number of injuries. In all honesty, I'm probably a bigger Red Sox fan than a Patriots fan (although its about 51% to 49%), but lets not compare the Patriots to the Red Sox. If you want to compare the Patriots to someone, compare them to the Yankees.

Not an issue, we have a huge core of guys in the early part of their prime.

Graham, Watson, Branch (when he shows up), Light, Koppen, Neal, Mankins, Seymour, Wilfork, Warren, Samuel, Hobbs . . . and that guy named Brady who's right in the middle of his prime.

RIP#40 said:
Like the Sox, are the Patriots relying too much on older vets and unproven rookies?
Rodney, 54, Troy, Seau,Vrabel. Older players do tend to break down more. Maroney , Chad J, the new tight ends. We are expecting a lot out of these rookies. Not to mention TBC who needs to play a big role in the pass rush having never been a starter before. I do see 12-4, but with a few of the older vets ? at best, if 1or 2 go down, 10-6 would not suprise me.

Good Lord, PLEASE dont EVER compare the Patriots to the Red Sox again.

Jacky Roberts said:
Good Lord, PLEASE dont EVER compare the Patriots to the Red Sox again.

That's the thing that concerns me.

How the hell could anyone compare the Red Sox to the Patriots?

How can anyone call Rodney "old'?:mad:

You might as well compare a can of cream soda to an aardvark.

different sport.Thats enough to end a comparison IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back