PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox Scouts Looking at Hunter Pence

TheSolderKing

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I'd trade for him in a heartbeat I guess Lowrie and Reddick would be a couple 2 players involved in the deal (spearheading the package), but this trade must happen. Dad told me he read this in Herald and Red Sox scouts are at the Houston series checking Hunter out.

Nancy Drew's time is up now and he is gone Next year (off of the books):singing::singing::singing:

No reason to bring Papi back... offer him 2 yrs if he denies it tough ****.

this package can be sweetened w/ Vitek our 1st rounder last year who has NO place in the future b/c my binky Middlebrooks has come around. They were thinking of trying vitek in OF... yeah ok... FAIL

we have the $$$ and Pence would be a SOX player for this yr and next. It would behoove us to extend him, but 1 step @ a time:rocker:

Pence is a nice player, but if they're going to explore trades for a RF, Ethier would be my top choice out of youngish established guys who might be available.

Ethier cant hit leftys..pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ethier cant hit leftys..pass.

Yup what he said ... I like what we have for now.

They want pitching ...
not giving up pitching at this point when we can save it for a more needy trade later.

Pence is LEGIT Andre Eithier PASS

Nancy Drew in RF cannot HAPPEN he sux this year and he is gone next year. PENCE is the answer in RF:)

KEMP would be amazing in Boston... I however am doubtful we pull the trigger.

1). We cannot live/ win w/ Nancy Drew as our starting RF this year.
2). We have 0 RH OF's ready Linares got hurt severley early this year. Is Linares the answer???
3). Do we idly stand by w/o another capable RHB and lose this season??? Too many lefties in this lineup.
4). McDonald is GARBAGE and a platoon of Reddick/Darnell does not suffice...

are you sold Reddick can hit LHP consistenly??? I like the guy a lot, but Bird Brain Tito will never consistently use him vs. LHP w/ Darnell "I strand runners on the bases and s uck McDonald" on the roster:eek:

Last edited:
Big questions on a Pence deal are the Astros demands and what the Sox are thinking on Kalish.

I don't know if a Reddick / lowrie package gets it done.

If they want Vitek, that's fine if the Son are going to extend Pence. If it's a year and a half, I wouldn't give up someone with Viteks upside.

I think it's more likely the Sox pursue an upgrade to McDonald rather than a replacement for Drew.

I'd also like to see them add an arm or 2. Adams in SD for the pen? Kuroda from LA? (though I'd prefer AL arms who aren't accustomed to pitchers parks)

Numerous articles I read say they want pitching - they view Pence as a possible face of the franchise. Let's face it you simply don't trade a chip like that unless it is for pitching or your term as GM will end soon.

How about Cuddyer?

I would go after Jeff Francoeur of the Royals. Nick Cafardo thinks him and Drew would make a decent platoon in right field. He is hitting a respectable .262 with 11 homers and 51 RBI, including an impressive .329 BA against left-handers - that is decent production. I think they could be enticed with players from the farm system.

I would go after Jeff Francoeur of the Royals. Nick Cafardo thinks him and Drew would make a decent platoon in right field. He is hitting a respectable .262 with 11 homers and 51 RBI, including an impressive .329 BA against left-handers - that is decent production. I think they could be enticed with players from the farm system.

I've always liked Jeff. I am surprised that he is only sporting a .262 avg.
11 Homers is nice as well; he projects at mid 20 hr's imo.
Does he have a fenway swing:)?

How much longer do we have to wait to sign the beast?

They want pitching for Pence ... he's not good enough IMO to sacrifice pitching. How much better is he than Reddick? We would be trading arms for the difference between Pence and Reddick. I doubt that difference is large enough to justify.

I would much rather see a deal for Carlos Beltran - a re-invigorated Beltran would be awesome for the Sox.

They want pitching for Pence ... he's not good enough IMO to sacrifice pitching. How much better is he than Reddick? We would be trading arms for the difference between Pence and Reddick. I doubt that difference is large enough to justify.

I would much rather see a deal for Carlos Beltran - a re-invigorated Beltran would be awesome for the Sox.
You sure the Astros wouldn't want John Lackey? :p

Injuries seem to be hitting the Red Sox pitching hard so it's not worth giving up pitching to acquire someone, quite the opposite actually. We should be looking at some quality pitching if possible.

Beltran is an attractive option but would he be expensive to 1) acquire & 2) sign?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back