PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox open series with Orioles with Win.....

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
After a dominating 6 innings in which the Red Sox crushed the O's in every way possible, Matt Clement became tired and gave up four runs on five hits. Physically he looked exhausted and even his speed was down.

Seanez came in in the eigth and showed everyone why he will be the first person off this team. Four runs he gave up before getting anyone out. Horrible he hasn't even pitched a 1/3 of an inning and gave up that much? Delcarmen will probably take his spot sooner rather than later.

Foulke came in the ninth gave up one hit and then 1-2-3 out for the game. Looked like sort of old Foulke with a lower mph on the ball.

Overall great game until Seanez.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Seanez came in in the eigth and showed everyone why he will be the first person off this team. Four runs he gave up before getting anyone out. Horrible he hasn't even pitched a 1/3 of an inning and gave up that much? Delcarmen will probably take his spot sooner rather than later.

i knocked the seanez signing as soon as it happened
i really wanted to get duaner sanchez or yhency brazoban at the time

one good yr, and teams think you're nasty
the yanks did it with jaret wright
why the heck did we do it with the old, old vet seanez, he couldnt do it here a few yrs ago, i dont get why they thought he could do it here now, i mean he pitched in sd, i could pitch in sd

i hope you're right about delcarmen (or anyone) replacing seanez, cuz he stinks!

Relievers pitch a bit differently with a big lead. The mindset used in that situation is not that far from the prevent defense mentality. I wouldn't read much into Seanez's performance last night or even Foulke's a couple of days ago. Not that both won't be cut or shoved aside eventually, but its too early to reach any conclusions.

Last edited:
One thing about Theo is that he is tireless...a rotoworld geek being a real GM. These fringe guys have a shirt rope...on that note, we can all rest.

As far as Seanez...guy is/was ??? on the team to chew up innings...he is too old to be the future and olny the kids are going to get cut a little slack.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back