PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sox Lose Their Troy Brown

Troy Brown never became a washed up liability that was only starting to pursue a personal record, which ended up being a big reason why the Sox completed the greatest collapse in regular season history.

Troy Brown never became a washed up liability that was only starting to pursue a personal record, which ended up being a big reason why the Sox completed the greatest collapse in regular season history.

Neither did Wakefield. What a coincidence.

Wakefield sucks. Too worried about his own chase to the wins record. Glad he's gone.

He's no Troy Brown either.

LOL. I remember your posts from last year.
Great guy. But the tub of goo had to go. I think he was hiding in the corner with his bucket of popeyes chicken while the others were knocking back the brewskis.
Troy Brown was workout nut. Wake looks like a forty something dad trying to fit into his polyester high school shirt.
Like I said, great humanitarian. Deserving Roberto Clemente winner and multiple finalist. I hope he is a big part of the community for years to come.

There are very few Red Sox that have the make up to be anything the Patriots would keep around.

There are very few Red Sox that have the make up to be anything the Patriots would keep around.

:rofl: ...that's too funny.

I don't know where this notion comes about that the Patriots exploy higher character/work ethic than other teams but it's complete nonsense. COMPLETE nonsense. Let's put this Patriot roster in a sport where they play 162 games in a 6 month period, they're on the road constantly, in each others company just about every single day ALL DAY for 6 straight months and we'll see how they do in the chicken and beer dept.
The Patriots haven't choked in such dramatic fashion as the Sox did last year but our "high character" ;) Pats they've been coughing up furballs in big games for quite a few years now. (Thank you Billy Cundiff)

Tim Wakefield deserves all the accolades coming his way. Good pitcher for a long time and a great person who does tireless work for the Jimmy Fund and other local charities. Be hard pressed to find any Patriot player past or present does who has contributed more to this community than Wake.

Jacoby Ellsbury could be a pretty good slot corner!

Wake had his moments but lets be honest, how much are we really going to miss a guy who stepped out on a major league mound and threw 60 mph pitches to major league hitters.....he just wasn't what he used to be and it was time for him to step aside.

I suppose hating the Red Sox is within the realm of being normal. The sport and the way its administered has a tendency to make players look spoiled. Then of course there's the behavior of Mark MacGuire, Roger Clemens and Manny Ramirez; but hating Tim Wakefield is pretty much proof of a person being ignorant or a complete internet whackjob. He was a gentleman for 17 years. Personality-wize, effort-wise, ethics-wise, I'd guarantee the Pats would be happy to have 53 Wakefields in their locker room.

I'll admit to never really understanding why the Knucklball worked and never really liking it; but the fact remains that it did get guys out for a long, long time.

Guy was a class act. Good luck and long life to him.

He was never a complete ace of a pitcher, but he was so great because he would take any role the team needed him to and do it without complaining. He could pitch whenever he was needed, and saved this team quite a few times.

So long Wake. Thanks for the memories!!!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back