PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

RED SOX fans vs Patriots fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
What is the difference between RED SOX fans and Patriots fans. I don't mean fans of both. I mean those who are primarily fans of one team or the other and then may have a slight interest in the other team.

I use to think that RED SOX fans were bigger whiners.

Maybe RED SOX fans might think that they are smarter and are more elitist? Are RED SOX fans more concerned with stats than football fans are?

With a few exceptions, I think there are certainly differences.

Would RED SOX fans go to games in the snow or wind chills down to zero?

Just thought I would ask the question.

PATSNUTme said:
What is the difference between RED SOX fans and Patriots fans. I don't mean fans of both. I mean those who are primarily fans of one team or the other and then may have a slight interest in the other team.

I use to think that RED SOX fans were bigger whiners.

Maybe RED SOX fans might think that they are smarter and are more elitist? Are RED SOX fans more concerned with stats than football fans are?

With a few exceptions, I think there are certainly differences.

Would RED SOX fans go to games in the snow or wind chills down to zero?

Just thought I would ask the question.

Right now the difference, this century, is three championships versus one. :rocker:

Kind of a one sided poll isn't it?

HAHAHAHA!!! There are some cold nights at the ballpark Nut, in April, May and October. You definitely are not dealing with 2 degrees with a wind chill of -12, but I think those who are solely Sox fans are just as passionate as those who are just Patriots fans. No offense, but the only form of fan elitism I have witnessed have been the anti-Sox people on this board! Actually the idea of a one sport fan is a bit of an anomoly to me! Most people I know enjoy the 4 major sports and will watch a little golf, tennis or soccer if there is nothing else on or the match ups are compelling.

Also consider that baseball has 162 games to whine about while football only has 16, but a lot of the whining is about the same thing in both sports. What player to use in what situation, questionable coaching moves, bad calls by the officials, injuries, mental mistakes. I think too that when it came to the Patriots there was a lot of indifference to the team in between spurts of great play....no one cared enough to whine when it came to the Patriots. I think that changed for good when Tuna took over as HC.

I also think that baseball fans are faster to turn on the players. Tom Brady had a couple of bad games this season, but no one on talk radio was calling Brady a bum or yelling that Flutie or Cassel should have been under center in his place! This week Josh Beckett had his second bad start in a row and talk radio callers wanted his head on a plate! I know that Tommy has three rings and Beckett has one, but there is still no reason to panic about a 26 year old pitcher in early June.

All and all we are pretty similar! Can't we all just get along? :D

T-ShirtDynasty said:
This should be in the Red Sox forum. :eek: :eek:

;)

Sorry, did I miss a sticky?:rofl:

dr said:
Kind of a one sided poll isn't it?

Not a poll- just a free answer question. Maybe I should have asked the difference between baseball and football fans but I wanted to keep it on topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference? There are more Red Sox fans and they've been around longer. The Red Sox and the Yankees are like the Cowboys and the Steelers of football. Massive nation wide fandom who go crazy when the team is good. The Pats are not at that level yet. We will be in another generation (assuming the world survives that long).

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are you capitalizing Red Sox? This thread seems rather silly, don't you think? What's the point? This is a football forum.

Last edited:
Dartanyan said:
Why are you capitalizing Red Sox? This thread seems rather silly, don't you think? What's the point?

Tunescribe, is that you? :eek:

Nevermind.....you remind me of another poster. Welcome to the board!

You are proving my point about Patriot fans being elitist. It's June......what else are we going to do? Rehash free agency? Rehash the draft? More riveting Ty Law talk?

I guess I'm confused, who is "Tune Scribe"? I am a long-time Patriots fan, just discovered this site and am not too fond of baseball; HATE the Red Sox in particular and figured this is a great place to wait out the offseason. So, hiya! :D But to answer your question, the difference between Patriots fans and Red Sox fans is the fact that both have their OWN fans who don't care about the other one. Sometimes it's like mixing apples and oranges, dontcha think?

Bill's Girl said:
Nevermind.....you remind me of another poster. Welcome to the board!

You are proving my point about Patriot fans being elitist. It's June......what else are we going to do? Rehash free agency? Rehash the draft? More riveting Ty Law talk?

Thanks for welcoming me to the board, but why would you call me elitist? That doesn't seem very nice, I'm just a Patriots guy. There is PLENTY of Patriots stuff to talk about without talking about baseball or those freakin' Red Sox, isn't there? Like, for instance: What are we going to do with four promising tight ends, who will be our backup wide receivers, what Belichick is going to do with Sullivan, whether Maroney might beat out Dillon, etc., etc. :D

Dartanyan said:
Thanks for welcoming me to the board, but why would you call me elitist? That doesn't seem very nice, I'm just a Patriots guy. There is PLENTY of Patriots stuff to talk about without talking about baseball or those freakin' Red Sox, isn't there? Like, for instance: What are we going to do with four promising tight ends, who will be our backup wide receivers, what Belichick is going to do with Sullivan, whether Maroney might beat out Dillon, etc., etc. :D

Sorry for the misunderstanding! In the first post of the thread, Nut asks if we think Red Sox fans are elitist or think they are smarter than Patriot fans. There are a lot of fans on this board who do not like baseball and they do have an elitist attitude about being a Patriots fan. Your post stating your hatred of the Sox was the point I was making. I don't know any sox fans who have that kind of attitude toward Patriots fans. I meant no disrespect! :)

Dartanyan said:
Why are you capitalizing Red Sox? This thread seems rather silly, don't you think? What's the point? This is a football forum.

--- First time posters 1st ever post.

---loves the Patriots

---yet 1st post is berating a
senior member about posting in the wrong forum.

Okay...sure Dart...all nubes come to the board that way. :bricks:

Dartanyan said:
I guess I'm confused, who is "Tune Scribe"? I am a long-time Patriots fan, just discovered this site and am not too fond of baseball; HATE the Red Sox in particular and figured this is a great place to wait out the offseason. So, hiya! :D But to answer your question, the difference between Patriots fans and Red Sox fans is the fact that both have their OWN fans who don't care about the other one. Sometimes it's like mixing apples and oranges, dontcha think?

Hello Dude, welcome to the board. I am Tunescribe. One thing you'll learn around here is that certain posters enjoy agitating for attention, which is what you're witnessing from the guy who started this thread. If you poke around here a bit (check out the General Talk forum), you'll learn soon enough what I'm talking about. You and I might be kindred spirits, I appreciate what you said about the Red S-- ... er, Desperate Housewives, as I prefer to call them. You'll notice also that they have their own forum on this messageboard for people who'd rather not discuss football. (That's actually where this thread belongs, but if you push the issue they can become rather petulant about it. You might want to hang around a while first before going there.) Again, welcome aboard, and go Pats!

Red Sox fans irritate me. They make a big deal of it when they make the playoffs (like they have done for the past six years). Who couldn't make the playoffs when you payroll is 2X-4X larger than 90% of your competition. It's like Walmart vs. your local Mom-and-Pop Variety Store.

Also, they drove me crazy when the Sox won it in 2004 and they were running around proclaiming, that history wise, they were now equal to the Yankees. I've been in more than one argument saying that 1 World Series win pales in comparison to 86 years of beatings and 26 World Championships.

I hate MLB.

F.B.N. said:
--- First time posters 1st ever post.

---loves the Patriots

---yet 1st post is berating a
senior member about posting in the wrong forum.

Okay...sure Dart...all nubes come to the board that way. :bricks:

Um, OK. Seeing that I am new here please help me with the proper protocol or etiquette or procedure, then. First someone calls me "elitist" while welcoming me to the board, then you call me a "nube" and accuse me of berating a "senior officer" or something like that while dropping bricks on my head. Is this the military or a messageboard for chrissakes?! Just because you've been here longer than I have doesn't make me a second-class citizen does it? I'll bet I've forgotten more about the Patriots in the last minute than you've known in your lifetime! Sheesh. :mad:

Tunescribe said:
Hello Dude, welcome to the board. I am Tunescribe. One thing you'll learn around here is that certain posters enjoy agitating for attention, which is what you're witnessing from the guy who started this thread. If you poke around here a bit (check out the General Talk forum), you'll learn soon enough what I'm talking about. You and I might be kindred spirits, I appreciate what you said about the Red S-- ... er, Desperate Housewives, as I prefer to call them. You'll notice also that they have their own forum on this messageboard for people who'd rather not discuss football. (That's actually where this thread belongs, but if you push the issue they can become rather petulant about it. You might want to hang around a while first before going there.) Again, welcome aboard, and go Pats!

Thanks for your welcome, I appreciate it very much. I probably picked the wrong place to start my "career" here judging by some of the reception, but thanks again just the same. :)
P.S. Desperate Housewives? Hahahahahaha!!!! That's great!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back