PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Red Sign Fabio Castro Kason Gabbard.

The Intimidator

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The Red Sox signed pitcher Fabio Castro, tweets Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports. Castro, 25 in January, posted a 4.01 ERA in 29 starts in the Blue Jays organization between Double and Triple A, with a 5.8 K/9 and 3.7 BB/9. He's bounced around in the Phillies, Rangers, and White Sox organizations, last pitching in the bigs in '07.

Earlier today Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe noted that the Sox re-upped Kason Gabbard, who they'd reacquired from Texas in April.

MLBTR

I guess this makes up for the Sox not signing Fidel Castro a few decades ago. ;)

I guess this makes up for the Sox not signing Fidel Castro a few decades ago. ;)

I thought that was the Washington Senators?????-The Sox under Yawkey had a sham tryout for Jackie Robinson and gave up on potentially signing Willie Mays because a scout didn't want to wait out a rain delay........

I thought that was the Washington Senators?????-The Sox under Yawkey had a sham tryout for Jackie Robinson and gave up on potentially signing Willie Mays because a scout didn't want to wait out a rain delay........

Hmmmmmmmm, nothing to do with a rain delay. Under Yawkey, the Sox were racist. The President of the team was also a racist. Heck, go a few decades after Robinson and see how Tommy Harper was treated, that was in the 70's.

Hmmmmmmmm, nothing to do with a rain delay. Under Yawkey, the Sox were racist. The President of the team was also a racist. Heck, go a few decades after Robinson and see how Tommy Harper was treated, that was in the 70's.

I was trying to be politically correct. Imagine how good they could have been with progressive ownership like the Dodgers.
The story about the rain delay was that the scout didn't want to wait to scout an African American player. If it had been a sunny day, they would have found some other excuse.....I am well aware of the checked history of Red Sox ownership before the current one and it is not one to be proud of....

I was trying to be politically correct. Imagine how good they could have been with progressive ownership like the Dodgers.
The story about the rain delay was that the scout didn't want to wait to scout an African American player. If it had been a sunny day, they would have found some other excuse.....I am well aware of the checked history of Red Sox ownership before the current one and it is not one to be proud of....

Ok, wasn't sure where you were going. As for me, I could care less about being politically correct when it comes to blatant racism, which is what that era of the Red Sox.

Good one VJC

fidel-baseball.gif

this.........

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back