Welcome to PatsFans.com

Red meat for the righties: Sarah Palin's emails

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -11

This first story ought to cheer you up, since it's possible that the hacker was the son of a Democratic state senator:

The Weekly Standard

(Poor kid, he's in big trouble now.)

But, this second story raises an interesting legal issue. Given the administration's disregard for privacy, they have apparently argued that those emails would not be protected by the email privacy law. An interesting conundrum for those who support Bush's challenge to our way of life in the name of the War on Terror.

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2008/09/doj-view-email-privacy-may-hamper-prosecution-pali

Last edited: Sep 18, 2008
  2. MrSparkle

MrSparkle Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah, I just read that on another forum. Very nice of you to post this as I'm sure many here did not know if this forum wanted anything to do with this subject. I thought twice about making it and decided against it.

Yeah, the kid is fooked. The fact that his father is a Democratic state senator does not mean much to me personally. It does not make the crime and more or any less wrong. The act was wrong no matter what. I'd like to learn more before I form my full opinion.

Some of the comments here and on other sites appalled me. I had a breach of privacy happen to me and let me tell you, it's not pleasant. I'll leave it at that.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,072 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

I don't see much point in commenting on this and so I have refrained. It seems like it's a case of a young kid doing a stupid thing ... along the same lines as Bristol Palin and numerous others who have passed through this treacherous territory of going from teen to adult. Hopefully the kid doesn't end up in the can for life ... why didn't he find it more interesting to hack Lindsay Lohan's e-mail?

4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +374 / 11 / -28

Probably because Lohan has a better password...

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +668 / 2 / -9

Sarah can handle it, in fact it's been good for her more sympathy votes and her name has been on top of the Messiah's for four days and they are still talking about it, the little dopey Dingobat kid did her a favor.

:bricks: