PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Recruiting Ochocinco to join Patsfans.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ochocinco on Patsfans.com

How do you know I'm not, I mean he's not, already here?

Because your join date precedes the date of your trade by three months and I don't think anyone is that prescient.

Funny, I am recruiting OchoCinco to the Patriots' (Play)Book Club. It is where all the new players get together every week and discuss what they learned with the playbook.

OchoCinco doesn't need to be trolling this board. He needs to be focusing on football.

Because your join date precedes the date of your trade by three months and I don't think anyone is that prescient.

Maybe, just to be on the safe side, he created accounts on message boards for all 32 teams. :eek:

I think it would be pretty cool. Why does everyone have to be So Serious?

In fact, I am going to tweet him as well and tell him to join the boards. Would be pretty damn cool to hear what he thinks post-game. But if you disagree, feel free to ignore his comments (and yes, this is a fairy-land concept...the dude will probably never join).

Because the difference between here and Cincy is we all take it seriously, from the fans to the mediots to the HC. And all three could turn on him on a dime if as the season unfolds he isn't catching every ball and balling on every play while he's spending his free time interacting with his audience like the entertainer we all know to some extent he is rather than improving his game.

Because the difference between here and Cincy is we all take it seriously, from the fans to the mediots to the HC. And all three could turn on him on a dime if as the season unfolds he isn't catching every ball and balling on every play while he's spending his free time interacting with his audience like the entertainer we all know to some extent he is rather than improving his game.

Everyone on the roster has free time; these guys aren't robots. By all accounts Chad is working his ass off, just like he always does, and taking a bunch of extra time to develop a rapport with Brady. Considering how positive you were that this whole "taking football seriously" divide would keep Chad from landing here in the first place, I think you might be kinda missing the boat on this one.

Taking football seriously, putting in adequate time, and being prepared aren't, and never have been, issues for him. The only difference between his tweeting and whatever it is that the other guys do in their spare time is that you can see what he's up to.

Last edited:

fair enough, but I think the guy is going to do it regardless of whether we want him to or not. And considering he is not considered a malcontent or someone who gives up on a team, I don't think we will see much negative reactions to his antics. Now if this was Haynesworth, I'd agree.

Funny, I am recruiting OchoCinco to the Patriots' (Play)Book Club. It is where all the new players get together every week and discuss what they learned with the playbook.

OchoCinco doesn't need to be trolling this board. He needs to be focusing on football.

But this board is about football and we have a wealth of knowledge we could share with him and make him a better player. Just read the game threads, we have dozens of posters much smarter than Belichick and the coaching staff.:D

But this board is about football and we have a wealth of knowledge we could share with him and make him a better player. Just read the game threads, we have dozens of posters much smarter than Belichick and the coaching staff.:D

Well you have a point there. He could get Bill O'Brien fired and inform Belichick that the game has passed him by.

But nobody would believe him and he'd get banned. :eek:
He could prove it the same way they do on reddit, by taking a pic of himself holding up a note saying "I'm on patsfans" or somethin like that.

I'm not too keen on the idea personally, but I wish all of you who are the best of luck. :)

Would be interesting if Ocho participated in the game day thread from the sideline.

i dont mean to be antagonistic or anything, but its ironic there are people laughing at the OP, while at the same time living life like they are disciples of BB, being secretive, talking about team first blah blah blah and spewing the company line like they are actually in the patriots organization.

it would be hillarious if he joined, if only to do a Q&A with Ian or something every once in a while

"Coool!!! Are we ten years old?"

"No thanks. It would be another distraction for BB and the others to deal with. Twitter is enough."

"Chad needs to focus all his time including any free time he thinks he has on mastering this offense and catching the damn ball... Time spent deliberately getting lost and tweeting about it and playing video games is just wasted time for Ocho... Brady doesn't waste time like that...and that's why he's the GOAT. Football matters...that should be Chad's sole focus in his first season here unless he wants it to be his last too..."

"Because the difference between here and Cincy is we all take it seriously, from the fans to the mediots to the HC. And all three could turn on him on a dime if as the season unfolds he isn't catching every ball and balling on every play while he's spending his free time interacting with his audience like the entertainer we all know to some extent he is rather than improving his game."

He could prove it the same way they do on reddit, by taking a pic of himself holding up a note saying "I'm on patsfans" or somethin like that.

I'm not too keen on the idea personally, but I wish all of you who are the best of luck. :)

IAMA Chad Ochocinco AMA

I created a twitter just to follow 85 :rocker:

Has he found a roomy yet? :p

Good luck to you, but I doubt it'll happen. I love Chad, but he's got his own twitter to promote, I'm not sure why he'd leave that to go to someone else's site.

Good luck to you, but I doubt it'll happen. I love Chad, but he's got his own twitter to promote, I'm not sure why he'd leave that to go to someone else's site.

bc like most social-media junkies he can do both (and 20 others) at the same time. Considering how much he loves the scene, I don't think it's totally out of the question that he would consider adding another platform to his social-menu.

I don't twitter, myface, or yearbook, but I think it'd be awesome if ocho stopped in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back