PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Recording of the PI in the End Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
He ran into the receiver. You can't do that, even if the ball is uncatchable, it would be illegal contact.
Not true. If a defender runs into him prior to the ball being thrown, it would be illegal contact. But once a ball is thrown and tipped, the defender can tackle the receiver if he likes. And once a ball is thrown is when the whole idea of "uncatchable" comes into play.

Last edited:
You put the supposedly in the wrong place. Your sentence should be: You can't see it clearly in the tv version, but supposedly the coaches' tape shows it pretty clearly.

I meant what I said. I question the Pats media when they say they see nothing. I don't question the Pats players when they're adamant that they saw it.

Tip or not it was a questionable call at best. Why not let the play go, why reward Fitzpatrick for throwing a horrendous ball into double coverage and worse of all floating it up there. This is why the NFL has become arena football on a bigger field, QBs chuck it up there and the WR will either make a play or the ref will bail 'em out otherwise. Nelson had his hands around Brown and he pulled Brown towards him to make it look like Brown was impeding his progress.

On the same drive the roughing the passer call on Love was horrendous. No way that should have been called but that crew loves getting face time by throwing flags. On a bigger note, It's tough to play defense in the NFL unless you play perfect unlike when you play offense. The playing field is not level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey