Welcome to PatsFans.com

Record number of illegal deportations...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jul 26, 2010.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

Interesting article that was buried in the WAPO, interesting it made none of the headlines on any of the news sources..

When these articles come up always ponder if when Ronnie Raygun granted unconditional amnesty in 1986, and the subsequent inaction of Bush 1, Clinton and Bush 2 did that send a mixed message to those who wanted to come to this country illegally??

As long as this country is addicted to cheap labor, and the US worker does not want to do the dirty work.. this will be an issue.

washingtonpost.com

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

This Obama administration sure is mean spirited:rolleyes: Who's ready for the political flip-flop? First the war now this. I wonder if republican ads will reflect this "racism" in the run up to the elections over the next 99 days? Maybe they'll sue the Federal Government:cool:
  3. NYJetsfan

NYJetsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Is this really because of Obama or because of the tougher measures being inacted by the States like Arizona. I'd be less likely to give Obama credit for this unless someone can tell me different?
  4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Can a state deport someone? I thought that only the USGovt could do that
  5. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

If this is true the way you have posted it, then kudos to the President. In fact, I am cracking open a Dos Equis to celebrate. The more of those people we can get out of our country the better. I don't care who does it.
  6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 11 / -27

The Az. law went into effect last weekend, this is INS (national) effort as opposed to a local effort.
  7. NYJetsfan

NYJetsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't know. That's a good question. I mean they can round them up and hand them over to INS at least.

As for the Arizona law, I didn;t reference it as the sole reason, but rather as an indicator that states are stepping up their own efforts and not relying completely on the government agencies.
  8. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Hey welcome to the political forum but be careful because I think New York Jet fans can be deported based on just wearing NY Jets stuff or admitting it with the screen names they go by. :singing:
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2010