Welcome to PatsFans.com

Record for most post season games

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by hallfamebrady, Jan 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hallfamebrady

hallfamebrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I was wondering who holds the record for most post season games played. If I counted correctly, Tedy will be playing in his 23 post season game in the Super Bowl.

Troy would be at 24 but he has missed some games along the way.

Tom will be in his 17th. It is amazing to think he has played in one extra season over seven years.

The only player who I think may have more than Tedy is Elway. The longer playoffs now knock out most older players.
  2. hambone1818

hambone1818 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 3 / -0

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/g_playoffs_career.htm

Some notable names toward the top of the list, including Rice (1st with 29), Montana t-8th with 23 and Young and Elway both with 22.

I would expect some of the longer-tenured Patriots (Seymour, Bru, Brady, etc) will be all over the top of this list before long. And to think, Brady's in the middle of his prime right now, he probably has another 5+ great years and 8+ total years before he's done. He could easily end up with 30+ playoff games before he retires.
  3. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Not sure if the numbers are accurate, up updated through this year. Brady is listed as 14 games, but he has played in 3 +3 +3 +2 +3 +2 =16 plus this years SB makes 17.
  4. hambone1818

hambone1818 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 3 / -0

You are correct, they don't update it until the season is over. Brady's at 16 and will soon be at 17. That said, all the others are correct, so Brady will be tied for 123rd in games played and t-59th in games started (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/gs_playoffs_career.htm).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.