PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell visits Foxboro

Status
Not open for further replies.
F.B.N. said:
Don't like him....scouting report says he is always injured.
From college?

The only season he was hurt was 2004. When all he played was in 6 games. Before that in 2003 i believe he was activated for only like 10 of them.

I like to look back at their draft profile...to see what was there before.​

[font=arial,helvetica]de [/font][font=arial,helvetica]
caldwell.jpg
[/font]​
[font=arial,helvetica]H:5'11½ .................W:[/font][font=arial,helvetica][font=arial,helvetica]194................. 40: [/font][font=arial,helvetica]4.47..........Grade: [/font][font=arial,helvetica]3.82[/font][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica]​

Brian Bahr/Getty Images
[/font] [font=arial,helvetica]Two-year starter who was a second team All-Conference choice last year as a junior when he caught 65/1,059/16.3/3. Totaled 49/760/15.5/6 as a red shirt sophomore, after 27/269/12.0/2 during his first-year on the football field. Saw minimal action returning both punts and kicks early Consistent, reliable target that makes all the catches. Quick releasing off the line of scrimmage, sells his routes and extends his hands away from his body, giving the quarterback a big target. Looks the pass in, displays focus, concentration and effective running after the catch. Goes over the middle and consistently finds the open spot on the field. Times and anticipates his receptions well, adjusts to the errant throw and makes the difficult catch in traffic. Lacks the top end speed, not getting separation down the field nor does he always win out in battles. Needs more on the field experience but a solid receiver with a good amount of upside potential. Mid to late Second Round. [/font]

Last edited:
judicious

Caldwell is an intelligent option.

That's why I like the Pats. They always seems to find the right player. Pioli is cerainly a beast in fantasy draft...

In 2004-2005 Just before is injury, he was on pace to become a no.1 receiver.

Week 1 @HOU W 27-20 4 65 16.3 36 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 2 NYJ L 34-28 4 67 16.8 33 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 3 @DEN L 23-13 3 39 13.0 16 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0 0
Week 4 TEN W 38-17 3 110 36.7 58 1 1 20 20.0 20 0 0 0
3 TD in 4 games
He played with doug Flutie.
Bad luck injury have slowed him.
Very good long shot. He shows promise, and several scouts show in him a very good receiver.

''Caldwell, who was hurt in Sunday's 21-20 loss at Atlanta, is expected to have surgery in the next few days to repair his torn anterior cruciate ligament.
Caldwell was San Diego's leading wideout, with 18 catches for 310 yards -- an average of 17.2 yards -- and three scores. Tight end Antonio Gates leads the team with 37 catches for 422 yards and three scores''

"I was very disappointed because I'm playing well this year," said Caldwell, who made a spectacular one-handed, 58-yard touchdown catch on Oct. 3 in a win against Tennessee. "Unfortunately, it happened. I'm looking forward to playing next year."

""The Chargers can use some production from their wide receivers. Including Caldwell's 18 catches, wideouts have caught only 35 balls this year. Caldwell was the only Chargers' wide receiver to catch passes in consecutive wins over Tennessee and Jacksonville.

AndyJohnson said:
Caldwell hasnt produce very much, but it isnt beyond reason to me that plugging him into our system with Brady slinging the rock would end up with as much, or close to as much production as we got from Givens.

* This ignores the misses like D Terrell, A Davis or the slug WR signed in 2002.
It isn't a given that whoever BB/Pioli brings in is going to do better here. There's been success and failure.

PatsSteve1 said:
AndyJohnson said:
Caldwell hasnt produce very much, but it isnt beyond reason to me that plugging him into our system with Brady slinging the rock would end up with as much, or close to as much production as we got from Givens.

* This ignores the misses like D Terrell, A Davis or the slug WR signed in 2002.
It isn't a given that whoever BB/Pioli brings in is going to do better here. There's been success and failure.
Terrell was a more of a lost connection kind of thing that they hoped to reunite between Brady and David.

Davis was someone who Browns gave up no we gave Crennel a cookie for and lost out on a potentially good player.

I don't think this is necessarily true...

AndyJohnson said:
Just to expand on that, here is an analogy.
Lets use Mike Vrabel.

Mike Vrabel came to NE for the price of what he could be as a Steeler.
He became a better player as a Patriot. And I think he would be a worse player on any other team.

That means we paid the price of how good he was as a Steeler, and got a bargain.
If he were a FA whoever signed him would have to pay for his ability or value as a Patriot, and they would be overpaying, because he wont be that good there.

This could have a lot to do with a tendancy of BB not signing players WE think have great value, but when they go to another team they seem to have less value, and were overpaid.

Vrable is a 5 in Pitt, an 8 in NE.
We sign an 8 player at the cost of a 5.
If he would now be a 6.5 if he left NE and went to another team, that team would pay for an 8.
We would instead choose to sign someone else 5 that becomes our 8. We get 'another Vrabel' that we pay like someone who isnt supposed to be Vrabel.

"Mike Vrabel came to NE for the price of what he could be as a Steeler.
He became a better player as a Patriot. And I think he would be a worse player on any other team."

I don't agree on this one......I think that Vrabel has "matured" alot and grown as a player here in NE......and I think if he went elsewhere with a similiar defensive scheme......he would EXCEL there as well. I don't think Vrabel is a "system" kind of player. I think he has gained experience and confidence here...and would be great elsewhere!!!! Thankfully he isn't going anywhere this year!!!! one man's opinion....

Don`t think pats interested in him . If they were BB wouldn`t been
in Florida. he watched celtics game there.

SeanBruschi54 said:
PatsSteve1 said:
Terrell was a more of a lost connection kind of thing that they hoped to reunite between Brady and David.

Davis was someone who Browns gave up no we gave Crennel a cookie for and lost out on a potentially good player.
I do agree on these two..more of a gamble with DT..it was not at all counted on that he would even make the team..Davis was injured and cut and brought back..and I think may have been OK if he stayed..but got a lot more than the Pats were going to give him in Buffalo..My thoughts were he was a JAG...a speedy one. But he was brought in later in TC..as receivers were down. think if Caldwell was brought in it would be more that he would be counted on to be a 2-3...Neither Terrell or Davis were counted upon for that.

stcjones said:
"Mike Vrabel came to NE for the price of what he could be as a Steeler.
He became a better player as a Patriot. And I think he would be a worse player on any other team."

I don't agree on this one......I think that Vrabel has "matured" alot and grown as a player here in NE......and I think if he went elsewhere with a similiar defensive scheme......he would EXCEL there as well. I don't think Vrabel is a "system" kind of player. I think he has gained experience and confidence here...and would be great elsewhere!!!! Thankfully he isn't going anywhere this year!!!! one man's opinion....

There are very few places he would have the talent around him and schemes that he has here.
I think almost by definition he would be less effective on almost any other team because of that.

fwiw, i have a buddy who is a huge diehard chargers fan, as in has seen every game for like the last 20 years. this is what he said when i mentioned pats interested in caldwell:

Caldwell will turn into a very good #2 for somebody. Before he got hurt 2 years ago he was on his way to the Pro Bowl. That injury, addition of McCardell, and fumbles in 2 games kept him out of the lineup for most of the season. If he goes to Pats, I bet he turns into something pretty good.

take it fwiw, but this is from a guy who has seen every game caldwell has played, as opposed to lots of folks like us who are making judgements based on things we've heard vs. seen.

Every game?

tombonneau said:
fwiw, i have a buddy who is a huge diehard chargers fan, as in has seen every game for like the last 20 years. this is what he said when i mentioned pats interested in caldwell:

take it fwiw, but this is from a guy who has seen every game caldwell has played, as opposed to lots of folks like us who are making judgements based on things we've heard vs. seen.

Well, he's only started 14 games in the last 4 years (to be fair: he played in 47), so I don't know how much there was to see first-hand!

His best-looking season was 2004, where he started 6 games, caught 18 for 310 yards (long of 58), and 3 TDs. Everything about that looks solid, except for the 6 games, cut short due to injury.

Still, I'm not seeing Pro Bowl anywhere around this guy.

andy

AndyJohnson said:
There are very few places he would have the talent around him and schemes that he has here.
I think almost by definition he would be less effective on almost any other team because of that.

agree to disagree...but really RESPECT your opinion. You make alot of good points on here.....except for this one :) (only kidding)

Signed Here!!!

THIS IS AWESOME. I really like the addition of Caldwell. I think he will be big for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back