PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell: Good Off-season pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
(FOXBORO) -- Training Camp 2007 will be accompanied by an uncharacteristically celebratory atmosphere this year, as thousands of fans line up for a Bob Geldof/Bono-sponsored "Spend to the Cap" concert, dubbed "GatorAid".

"The idea is to raise cash for this scrappy team that we heard can't spend any money all year," said Bono. "We hope if we recycle enough early alternative bands in one place, like "Toad the Wet Sprocket" and "Everything But the Girl," the Patriots can achieve true greatness by picking up individual talents with really famous names, like LaDanian Tomlinson or somebody... instead of washed out Florida receivers, who we all know can not achieve anything in the pro ranks."

When Bono was told the Patriots had won four of the last six Super Bowls, the iconic cause-supporter responded "huh what? That's not what should have happened. I read it on the Internet..."

I wasn't thrilled when the Patriots signed Caldwell this offseason; I never liked him in SD. I always looked at him as a soft receiver. My opinion really changed when he took that wicked shot (I forget what game it was) got up and wanted back into the game. So, I'm glad I was wrong on this one; he's done a great job this season.

I read an article recently where Caldwell talked about how the Patriots lift heavy weights even during the season - I would imagine most teams go to lighter weights during the season - and how he has benefitted from it. I think it can be seen in his game as well. Also he really seemed to buy into the Pats 'train hard, play hard' philosophy from day one. He deserves an awful lot of credit in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots