PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell: Good Off-season pick up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else want to tell me that he stunk in SD and would probably go the way of Donald Hayes?

The guy was CLUTCH today.

Gaffney had 10 catches today for 103 yards. On the long pass to Reche, he slowed slightly while the ball was in the air causing Jammer to bump him slightly and slow up which gave #87 a little separation to make the catch. It was a smart little play

You think ? :)

Sarcasm aside, you were one of his staunchest supporters always pointing out that he had become their #2 WR before tearing his ACL. I remember - and you were right.

Saying he was a good pickup is an understatement. He has a place in the receiving corps for quite a few years, I would guess. And don't forget Jabar Gaffney... another talented second rounder that didn't work out, that the Pats picked up off the scrap heap and inserted seamlessly. Back to back 100 yard receiving games from him. Deion who? (Note, the Texans were absolute fools to give up on Gaffney like they did, so his success is in no way surprising. That snake oil salesman Casserly sure does know how to pick 'em...)

Anyone else want to tell me that he stunk in SD and would probably go the way of Donald Hayes?

i hadn't noticed him in SD.
early this season he looked fast to me, but....weak. that's the best word i can think of rite now. didn't look like he was a go-to WR.
well god bless him. he broke thru today, huh?
one of my favorite sequences in the game was the look on his face when he caught the TD pass. he just screamed his head off, then looked over at quentin jammer and started giving him the business.
jammer was basically out of his head most of the game.
that was some heavy stuff going on out there.

He really was,and he's been improving all season. I'm glad he's here! I'm happy,too,that he got a chance to come up so big right there in SD. :rocker:

Saying he was a good pickup is an understatement. He has a place in the receiving corps for quite a few years, I would guess. And don't forget Jabar Gaffney... another talented second rounder that didn't work out, that the Pats picked up off the scrap heap and inserted seamlessly. Back to back 100 yard receiving games from him. Deion who? (Note, the Texans were absolute fools to give up on Gaffney like they did, so his success is in no way surprising. That snake oil salesman Casserly sure does know how to pick 'em...)

Richter - Lets just say that I'd rather it be an understatement than come off sounding like Shawne Merriman.

The supposedly WR-less Patriots threw for 222 yards to WRs today.

Can somebody explain again how Gaffney was sitting at home halfway through the season? Back-to-back 100-yard playoff games!

I think they are both FINALLY connecting with Brady...remember Branch was here how many years???? No doubt they had a good conection BUT he is gone history and both of them ADD a lot!!! Add in Jaxkson, Kight, BamC...and isn't that pretty good??? I am hoping Troystays..but with another lomvardi going out on top.....NOT looking past Indy..but...the possibility is there..and any additions??? Hmmm NOT bad at all!!!

You think ? :)

Sarcasm aside, you were one of his staunchest supporters always pointing out that he had become their #2 WR before tearing his ACL. I remember - and you were right.

Not to brag but...

I supported DaBruinz and Caldwell the whole way through too. :D

i hadn't noticed him in SD.
early this season he looked fast to me, but....weak. that's the best word i can think of rite now. didn't look like he was a go-to WR.
well god bless him. he broke thru today, huh?
one of my favorite sequences in the game was the look on his face when he caught the TD pass. he just screamed his head off, then looked over at quentin jammer and started giving him the business.
jammer was basically out of his head most of the game.
that was some heavy stuff going on out there.

Then I guess you missed that he had more 1st down catches than Troy Brown. Sometimes you have to ignore the irrational hysterics here and watch what actually goes on on the field.

R

Who would have thought we would have the top passing attack in the league last year, lose the top 2 guys, and sign two guys who everyone had labeled as busts who end up being better than anyone in the playoffs? Huge props to Gaffney and Caldwell....everyone doubted them, but they showed what they are all about today.

Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but I liked Reche since he was drafted and I was psyched that we signed him. Then I go to training camp and preseason games and I hear all these idiots saying "This guy can't catch a cold." It was annoying, and I'm glad he got to show them, along with his old team, that he is a player!

Meet the leading receiver in the playoffs w/207 yards in two games:

JABAR GAFFNEY

You just have to love it.

R

Huge game, he caught a TD. Caught the long bomb at the end of the 4th, recovered the fumble that Brown forced after the INT. Huge game, immense!

In retrospect, the "2002 NFL draft" looks pretty good for the New England Patriots:

Out: Branch, Givens
In: Gaffney, Caldwell

I wasn't thrilled when the Patriots signed Caldwell this offseason; I never liked him in SD. I always looked at him as a soft receiver. My opinion really changed when he took that wicked shot (I forget what game it was) got up and wanted back into the game. So, I'm glad I was wrong on this one; he's done a great job this season.

Yeah, as I said in another post, I was in a bar yelling at Chargers fans (who had been yelling "LT!! LT!!" all game).... "YOU HAVE NO ANSWER FOR JABAR GAFFNEY!")

We spend to the cap every year, and like it or not, that means you can't grab the superstar in every position. So we grab the best pats-type players at every position, and if they "get it," they "get it."

Then somebody ends up being a star in the Super Bowl, so we have to do it all over again :rocker:

Eh well. I can live with that.

PFnV

Gotta give props to the Gator wideouts!

Give Jackson a full, healthy training camp next year, and we'll be running the "Gator Spread" in Foxboro next year - Caldwell left, Jackson right & Gaffney in the slot!

Correct me if I am wrong but Jabar is signed through next year as well correct? That is amazing that Belioli had this kind of anticipation.

I'll come right out and admit it. I saw all those drops in the preseason and thought along those lines. He's not great, but he's easily as good as Givens (who was merely a role player). I dream of the day when the Patriots can find good WR talent consistently, draft DBs that don't get injured, and have all the TEs they need before draft day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back