Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reche Caldwell: Good Off-season pick up.

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DaBruinz, Jan 14, 2007.

1. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +498 / 43 / -48

#50 Jersey

Anyone else want to tell me that he stunk in SD and would probably go the way of Donald Hayes?

The guy was CLUTCH today.

2. PatsSteve1

PatsSteve1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Gaffney had 10 catches today for 103 yards. On the long pass to Reche, he slowed slightly while the ball was in the air causing Jammer to bump him slightly and slow up which gave #87 a little separation to make the catch. It was a smart little play

3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +585 / 14 / -14

#24 Jersey

You think ? :)

Sarcasm aside, you were one of his staunchest supporters always pointing out that he had become their #2 WR before tearing his ACL. I remember - and you were right.

4. Richter

Richter In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Saying he was a good pickup is an understatement. He has a place in the receiving corps for quite a few years, I would guess. And don't forget Jabar Gaffney... another talented second rounder that didn't work out, that the Pats picked up off the scrap heap and inserted seamlessly. Back to back 100 yard receiving games from him. Deion who? (Note, the Texans were absolute fools to give up on Gaffney like they did, so his success is in no way surprising. That snake oil salesman Casserly sure does know how to pick 'em...)

5. ilduce06410

ilduce06410 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i hadn't noticed him in SD.
    early this season he looked fast to me, but....weak. that's the best word i can think of rite now. didn't look like he was a go-to WR.
    well god bless him. he broke thru today, huh?
    one of my favorite sequences in the game was the look on his face when he caught the TD pass. he just screamed his head off, then looked over at quentin jammer and started giving him the business.
    jammer was basically out of his head most of the game.
    that was some heavy stuff going on out there.

6. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He really was,and he's been improving all season. I'm glad he's here! I'm happy,too,that he got a chance to come up so big right there in SD. :rocker:

7. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +498 / 43 / -48

#50 Jersey

Richter - Lets just say that I'd rather it be an understatement than come off sounding like Shawne Merriman.

8. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,197 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

The supposedly WR-less Patriots threw for 222 yards to WRs today.

Can somebody explain again how Gaffney was sitting at home halfway through the season? Back-to-back 100-yard playoff games!

9. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I think they are both FINALLY connecting with Brady...remember Branch was here how many years???? No doubt they had a good conection BUT he is gone history and both of them ADD a lot!!! Add in Jaxkson, Kight, BamC...and isn't that pretty good??? I am hoping Troystays..but with another lomvardi going out on top.....NOT looking past Indy..but...the possibility is there..and any additions??? Hmmm NOT bad at all!!!

10. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Not to brag but...

I supported DaBruinz and Caldwell the whole way through too. :D

11. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Then I guess you missed that he had more 1st down catches than Troy Brown. Sometimes you have to ignore the irrational hysterics here and watch what actually goes on on the field.

R

12. wdkantro2

wdkantro2 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Who would have thought we would have the top passing attack in the league last year, lose the top 2 guys, and sign two guys who everyone had labeled as busts who end up being better than anyone in the playoffs? Huge props to Gaffney and Caldwell....everyone doubted them, but they showed what they are all about today.

Not trying to toot my own horn or anything, but I liked Reche since he was drafted and I was psyched that we signed him. Then I go to training camp and preseason games and I hear all these idiots saying "This guy can't catch a cold." It was annoying, and I'm glad he got to show them, along with his old team, that he is a player!

13. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Meet the leading receiver in the playoffs w/207 yards in two games:

JABAR GAFFNEY

You just have to love it.

R

14. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +45 / 11 / -4

#54 Jersey

Huge game, he caught a TD. Caught the long bomb at the end of the 4th, recovered the fumble that Brown forced after the INT. Huge game, immense!

15. ATippett56

ATippett56 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +449 / 9 / -18

In retrospect, the "2002 NFL draft" looks pretty good for the New England Patriots:

Out: Branch, Givens
    In: Gaffney, Caldwell

16. jefmblrd

jefmblrd Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +40 / 1 / -0

#50 Jersey

I wasn't thrilled when the Patriots signed Caldwell this offseason; I never liked him in SD. I always looked at him as a soft receiver. My opinion really changed when he took that wicked shot (I forget what game it was) got up and wanted back into the game. So, I'm glad I was wrong on this one; he's done a great job this season.

17. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +710 / 11 / -7

Yeah, as I said in another post, I was in a bar yelling at Chargers fans (who had been yelling "LT!! LT!!" all game).... "YOU HAVE NO ANSWER FOR JABAR GAFFNEY!")

We spend to the cap every year, and like it or not, that means you can't grab the superstar in every position. So we grab the best pats-type players at every position, and if they "get it," they "get it."

Then somebody ends up being a star in the Super Bowl, so we have to do it all over again :rocker:

Eh well. I can live with that.

PFnV

18. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Gotta give props to the Gator wideouts!

Give Jackson a full, healthy training camp next year, and we'll be running the "Gator Spread" in Foxboro next year - Caldwell left, Jackson right & Gaffney in the slot!

19. TeamPats

TeamPats On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Correct me if I am wrong but Jabar is signed through next year as well correct? That is amazing that Belioli had this kind of anticipation.

20. Dragda

Dragda Yes, it's really me... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

I'll come right out and admit it. I saw all those drops in the preseason and thought along those lines. He's not great, but he's easily as good as Givens (who was merely a role player). I dream of the day when the Patriots can find good WR talent consistently, draft DBs that don't get injured, and have all the TEs they need before draft day.