PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Caldwell="Deer caught in the Headlights"

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Reche Caldwell could be as bad as the Donald Hayes signing a few years back.
He is no Deion Branch....that is for sure.

1. Runs terrible imprecise routes
2. Bobbles everything thrown his way
3. Dumb mistakes- pass interference
4. Brady has lost confidence in him
5. Has bug eyes...looks like too much caffeine

He is not going to be a major contributor.
get Gabriel out there with Troy.

You have to say at thsi point...Pioli and BB blew it big time by not resigning Deion.

Has BB reverted to his Cleveland Browns days?

i dont think anyone thought of him as a branch replacement...to be honest brady seems to have most faith in him after brown ..which says a lot about his comfort level.
last week against the jets those 2 made key check downs and got 3rd down conversions...lets not trash 1 guy after the whole team sucked in the game...

All the trolls coming out of the woodwork.

Miami, Pittsburgh or Indy?

Which one are you?

I've seen plenty of these negative pointless threads recently - mostly populated with people who have been here a very short period of time.

Oh, and before you try it, spare me the lecture on how you have been a 'massive Patriots fan' for 25 years and how you are only stating a point of view - I seen it a million times.

NM

marcus said:
Reche Caldwell could be as bad as the Donald Hayes signing a few years back.
He is no Deion Branch....that is for sure.

1. Runs terrible imprecise routes
2. Bobbles everything thrown his way
3. Dumb mistakes- pass interference
4. Brady has lost confidence in him
5. Has bug eyes...looks like too much caffeine

He is not going to be a major contributor.
get Gabriel out there with Troy.

You have to say at thsi point...Pioli and BB blew it big time by not resigning Deion.

Has BB reverted to his Cleveland Browns days?

This is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen. Get a grip.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Yes. Yes he has. We're doomed.
YES..i see a Fire BB thread coming soon after i saw "its matt cassel time" thread
:)

Have an open mind and look at his on field performance.

So many of the "regulars" on this board just by reflex automatically dismiss any criticism of the team or even BB.

If you don't lavish praise on BB/Pioli or any players out here it is viewed as an act of treason.

At the end of the season...you will be saying the same thing but adding "everone is entitled to some personel mistakes"

Lets look at:

1) letting Viniaterri, Branch and Givens go
2) Not signing even a singl;e starting player from another team...while being 12 million under the cap.

It defies logic...you geniuses explain it

marcus said:
Pioli and BB blew it big time by not resigning Deion.

Deion Branch could have done the following:

* Stopped Tatum Bell from rushing for nearly 5 yards per carry.
* Tightened up the cover 2 defense and made a tackle on Javon Walker better than James "I hope you're only renting a place in Massachusetts" Sanders.
* Run the ball effectively in the first 3 quarters.
* Prevented a blocked field goal/kicked the ball higher than a midget's ass.

Wow, I never realized that Branch was so versatile.

Did you even watch the game last night?

I actually think Caldwell played pretty well last night and has all season...

Denver DBs were lobbying for Offensive Pass Inteference and they were successful on two instances, that's all.

And what does Caldwell's "Marlo from the Wire" eyes have to do with anything?!?!?!

Brady will get tight with him and Gabriel and I think by game 9 or 10, we'llall be saying "Deion Who?"

Right now, I think the bigger problem is Brady's attitude and his whole "cryin-about-Deion" thing.

Enough, Tom. Pick it up. You're a highly paid professional on your way to the Hall of Fame. Don't taint your career over some baby-***** bullkaka.

Deion's gone.

Move on.

The two of you can vacation in Provincetown in the spring, fahchrissakes!

ADPF

marcus said:

So many of the "regulars" on this board just by reflex automatically dismiss any criticism of the team or even BB.

If you don't lavish praise on BB/Pioli or any players out here it is viewed as an act of treason.

At the end of the season...you will be saying the same thing but adding "everone is entitled to some personel mistakes"

Lets look at:

2) Not signing even a singl;e starting player from another team...while being 12 million under the cap.

Wow.

Such a free thinking spirit - im impressed.

You obviously dont really follow the Patriots because your posts have just regurgitated the essence of every hack and trolls arguments since the season started.

BB back to his Cleveland days?

You guileless troll.

NM

"guilless troll"

Thta is very funny.
When you can not come up with a logical response that is what you resort to...name calling.

Perhaps the reason that so many trolls have stated the opinion about Branch, Givens and Viniaterri as well as mismanagement of cap dollars this year is because it is true

I agree with Marcus 100%.

He is talking about the offense only. I am sure we all felt bad for Tom last night when looking for an open WR and found none. It is a shame because he is in his prime and our WR's are bush league at best.

Last edited:
I actually thought he played good last night ...he has showing constant improvement for a #3 WR he is .Heis not a #1 guy so people need to set the expectations to that level and then gauge his performance.

This is another troll who has followed the team since 1960.

For 5 years, Scott Pioli was the best personnel man in the NFL. His

brilliant aquisitions had a direct impact on the Pats winning three

Superbowls. Over the past 2 years, the Pats have lost several good

players to other NFL teams and Scott has replaced them with over

the hill players and castoffs. Many of these players have not panned

out and as a result the Pats have become a weaker team.

marcus said:

Its not a matter of "reflexively" dismissing criticism of the team or BB. However, Caldwell has been very good and your assessment of him is very far off.

marcus said:

Your comment regarding BB and his Cleveland days shows that you truly don't know what you are talking about. You really have no clue about his Cleveland days other than the garbage spewed by the media.

marcus said:
Lets look at:

1) The Patriots didn't LET Vinatieri, Branch and Givens go, genius. The Patriots attempted to resign ALL THREE. Givens wasn't worth #1 money, which is what he got in Tennessee. Oh, and I am sure his wonderful 101 yards on 7 catches would have made a difference in the game.

No one knows how much the Patriots would have gone up to had Branch not felt he should be treated differently than Seymour and Brady and actually had attempted to negotiate with the Patriots. Vinatieri, since you missed it, wouldn't have made much of a difference in either game.

2) You clearly don't understand the salary cap and don't understand that the Patriots owe Richard Seymour a 6.66 million bonus that they can pay out either as a roster bonus or as a signing bonus. Until they make the decision, it should be assumed that they are going to treat it as a ROSTER bonus. Meaning they only have about 5.9 million in cap space. They have to leave some money for signing injury replacements. They set money aside for Branch that they didn't use because Branch stabbed them in the back (my opinion). You can't allocate that money twice.

I would say that you don't have a good grasp on the situations at all. Your assessment of Caldwell leaves alot to be desired. As does your assessment of the Patriots front office.

marcus said:

You need to learn to think for yourself instead of regurgitating nitwits like John Madden and Al Michaels (they specifically said #2, and hinted around at #1 all night)

Givens:
He was overpaid to go to another team as an UFA. If we had signed him for the money he got, I would have been livid.

Branch:
An unforseen holdout. In retrospect, we should have signed another good WR to hedge our bet. Branch exploited that. He would not have played until week 10 and who knows how hard he would have tried at that point. The only other option was to cave and pay him a ridiculous contract.

As much as I HATE to do that because of the precedent it sets (started with Seymour), we may have thrown away our chance for the SB this year by not caving. That is a tough one to call.

Vinitieri:
He wasn't worth the extra money. He was already the top paid kicker in the league when we resigned him last time. Despite Ghost's issues, I think we made the right decision. He will settle down and be fine.

Not signing anyone else's starters:
A BIG FAT LIE!!!!

Doug Gabriel was the CLEAR #2 WR on Oakland before being traded. We was a starter!

Caldewell was off and on as a starting WR for SD last year along with Erik Parker. I don't know if he would have been a starter this year or not if he had resigned with SD.

TheDude said:
I agree with Marcus 100%.

He is talking about the offense only. I am sure we all felt bad for Tom last night when looking for an open WR and found none. It is a shame because he is in his prime and our WR's are bush league at best.

Umm.. that's hilarious since Brady hit his WRs for 13 completions. And why don't you ignore that Brady over-threw and under threw his WRs several times when they were OPEN.

You can agree wtih Marcus 100%. That doesn't mean you are right.

Stop defending Caldwell. Sure, he has not dropped any passes but do you think that he might be one of the reasons Tom is getting killed. The answer is he and Troy are the main reason! They can not get open. It is taking for ever for Tom to release the ball and there still is no separation. Brown needs to be in the slot as a possession guy Caldwell is a 3rd or 4th at best. I love Troy and I think Caldwell can be effective but our best 2 need to be out there. Gabriel is our best until Jackson recovers and matures! Brady does not have that calm cool killer look on his face. Watson needs to step up!

Old Town Pats said:
Stop defending Caldwell. Sure, he has not dropped any passes but do you think that he might be one of the reasons Tom is getting killed. The answer is he and Troy are the main reason! They can not get open. It is taking for ever for Tom to release the ball and there still is no separation. Brown needs to be in the slot as a possession guy Caldwell is a 3rd or 4th at best. I love Troy and I think Caldwell can be effective but our best 2 need to be out there. Gabriel is our best until Jackson recovers and matures! Brady does not have that calm cool killer look on his face. Watson needs to step up!

Troy and Reche are the main reason that Brady is getting killed? I didn't realize that the O-line not protecting Brady for more than 2.5 seconds wasn't the reason he was getting killed. I also didn't realize that Troy and Reche were part of the O-line. Thanks for letting us know.

Old Town Pats said:

I dont think anyone needs to defend Caldwell when you done such a great job yourself.

As you correctly stated the guy is not a starting calibre WR, and to compound the matter he is trying to catch passes from a new QB.

Now, unless you are actually blaming Caldwell for being thrust in to the starting line up, which is mostly out of his control, I dont see your point.

Gabriel is playing injured, and Watson is still developing as a top receiving target - as you say these are the best guys we have for the job until C-Jack spends some serious time playing with the offense.

Offensively, we need time to bond and get on the same wavelength - it may take 4 or 5 games yet...who knows?

NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing