PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reche Branch

Status
Not open for further replies.

groundgame

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
How do you avoid fumbles when you have already gained the necessary yardage and the posse is hot on your trail? Do what Deion Branch does for his calling card, and now recently Reche Caldwell seems to get- Duck under cover and hit the dirt quick before the heavy artillery unloads on you.

I noticed that. Branch always did that and continues to do it. At least doing the duck and cover, Reche is less likely to fumble.

I noticed that. Branch always did that and continues to do it. At least doing the duck and cover, Reche is less likely to fumble.

hey if it works do it. at least he didn't fumble

This in one thing I never faulted Deion for. WRs need to make their extra yards with moves, quickness and speed, not with bull strength. Trying to make like Corey Dillon and pound for an extra yard is stupid for a WR. Take the 8 or 12 or 20 yards or whatever you can get and hit the dirt before getting hammered.

WRs are more valuable catching balls for 16 games, than going on IR halfway through the season because they got crunched by a safety while trying to get an extra yard or two.

Leave the plowing though defenders stuff to Watson and Graham.

It's the smart play as long as you have the first down.

I agree no point in risking a fumble especially in a big situation when you already have the first down for 1 or 2 more yards, go down and move on to the next play.

This in one thing I never faulted Deion for. WRs need to make their extra yards with moves, quickness and speed, not with bull strength. Trying to make like Corey Dillon and pound for an extra yard is stupid for a WR. Take the 8 or 12 or 20 yards or whatever you can get and hit the dirt before getting hammered.

WRs are more valuable catching balls for 16 games, than going on IR halfway through the season because they got crunched by a safety while trying to get an extra yard or two.

Leave the plowing though defenders stuff to Watson and Graham.

Maybe Watson should try the same thing.. the problem for TEs is that they are in the middle of the action.

I remember Brady saying something about this when Branch was here, they felt that if he could avoid contact and keep him healthy it was better for the team in the long run. Football has really changed, back in the day you would get benched for running out of bounds...

It took me a while but I guess I don't have a problem with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye