PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Recent parking / traffic woes at Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallfamebrady

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I am a season ticket holder and the parking has been absolutely horrible this year. They closed a lot right next to the stadium lots south of the stadium and there are no signs of construction going on there. A section of stadium parking was also lost where some type of construction is going on.

It took over 90 minutes to just get out the parking lot today. I had to park in a new lot that was just opened up across the street and is run by the team. I usually park in an off stadium site with no blocking. It was closed by 11:30 where it usually stays open until noon.

Anyone have similar experiences. Does anyone know what all these spaces have been lost?

I figure they closed the lot near the stadium because "Patriot Place". I know there isn't any construction there now, but that must have to do perc (sp?) tests and other preconstruction stuff.

Correct. The former P-9 lot is going to be a part of the new mall. the construction in P-8 is going to end up as the Bass Pro fishing store from what I'm told.

I parked in that new lot for the Denver game. It does suck. it'll take a long time to improve the flow too, given the complete lack of security and supervision. There are a huge amount of lanes funnelling into a handful. Then there are only two (3?) lanes merging south onto Rt 1, almost where all the foot traffic crosses over Rt 1 to andf from the stadium. Brilliant plan! Where's the overpasses for pedestrians? That exacerbates the traffic problems tremendously. If you get stuck in there, better plan to tailgate for hours post-game.

To add to my misery after the Denver game, my grill was stolen, so we sat there starving, having planned to eat heartily after the game. You'd think, for $35 freakin bucks, they'd at least pretend to patrol the lots with something more than unpaid volunteers during the game. :(

As I left the stadium today, fron the ubid gate, I was once again astounded by the lack of thought they put into manqaging the foot traffic. 20,000 people flowing out, and they insist on putting a souvenier tent on one side, and another tent on the other, forcing thousands of people into a bottleneck about 20ft wide. Idiotic. Whoever is responsible should be embarrassed. How many years do they need to get it right?

tailgater said:
I parked in that new lot for the Denver game. It does suck. it'll take a long time to improve the flow too, given the complete lack of security and supervision. There are a huge amount of lanes funnelling into a handful. Then there are only two (3?) lanes merging south onto Rt 1, almost where all the foot traffic crosses over Rt 1 to andf from the stadium. Brilliant plan! Where's the overpasses for pedestrians? That exacerbates the traffic problems tremendously. If you get stuck in there, better plan to tailgate for hours post-game.

I am glad I am not the only one to notice. This is a throwback to the 1970's in Foxboro.

When the Pats were pitching Gillette back in the late 1990's, they said:

The practice of blocking traffic would be over.
The stadium parking lots would be paved.
There would be overpasses when crossing the road.

P - 10 does not meet any of these standards. I guess I am going to have to start tailgating earlier to get an off stadium spot.

tailgater said:
Correct. The former P-9 lot is going to be a part of the new mall. the construction in P-8 is going to end up as the Bass Pro fishing store from what I'm told.

To add to my misery after the Denver game, my grill was stolen, so we sat there starving, having planned to eat heartily after the game. You'd think, for $35 freakin bucks, they'd at least pretend to patrol the lots with something more than unpaid volunteers during the game. :(

As I left the stadium today, fron the ubid gate, I was once again astounded by the lack of thought they put into manqaging the foot traffic. 20,000 people flowing out, and they insist on putting a souvenier tent on one side, and another tent on the other, forcing thousands of people into a bottleneck about 20ft wide. Idiotic. Whoever is responsible should be embarrassed. How many years do they need to get it right?

Write letters ... start a partition ... have it delivered and signed for by
Mr. Bob Kraft himself ... hire one of those guys that deliver subpoenas
to do it. :D Go to the top .. or nothing gets done.
Certainly he can replace your grill that was stolen in his parking lot and if he
were a nice guy give you several weeks of free parking. :rocker:

Last edited:
I park at the End Zone hotel. It's a hike, but easy to get out of with a ton of space for parking.

Patjew said:
I park at the End Zone hotel. It's a hike, but easy to get out of with a ton of space for parking.

I usually park on the other side of the road. It is great unless you get their late (11:30 is now late). Otherwise, you are in the stadium lots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back