PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Recap of of Ted johnson said to felger this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/

Former Patriots [team stats] linebacker Ted Johnson would have considered coming back to play this year had the team called.

“After (Junior) Seau went down I must have gotten 10 messages from my friends saying, ‘You’re going to get a call, you’re going to get a call.’ And I never did,” Johnson said yesterday on 890 ESPN radio. “But say he (Bill Belichick) did call, I could go out there right now and do goal-line, short-yardage stuff.”

Johnson, who shed about 10-15 pounds from his playing days, said the post-concussion syndrome that led him to retire two years ago never prevented him from playing. He just made a choice. And if he returned, he said, he wouldn’t accept minimum-level money.

“I had independent doctors tell me I shouldn’t play,” said Johnson. “But my team doctors did not tell me that. I was cleared to play. That was a personal choice I made when I sought out second and third opinions. It’d be a health risk (to come back) for sure, and I’d ask for a little bump up in salary, if I was going to go back out there and bash my head in there, too.”

When you read the Globe and Times articles, this above segment makes ZERO sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes