PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasons why all NFL fans should forget the 2005 season...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, in trying to keep the spirit of the original post alive, I'll offer some other reasons:

*A team went 13-0 and couldn't even win ONE playoff game (whodathunk the Colts would choke like that???)

*Shaun Alexander- MVP? Not in the Super Bowl.

*Home teams were 4-6 in the playoffs.

*Officiating down the stretch (duh).

*The weekly decimation of our team by injuries. I'll assume we lose all of our DB's to IR in the first 6 games of '06 and have to start all street-FAs by December. Low expectations are a wonderful thing.

SteelCity said:
No actually its funny how teams suck and then when they lose, they want to blame officiating. In reality, you guys have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Here is a detailed examination of the super bowl calls you have been crying about.... knock yourself out

You really need to get over it.

Pittsburgh Steelers: World champs

Deal with it.

I prefer to stick with the facts. Thanks. Here's the real story. Video don't lie. "I didn't think we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts too"

prefer to stick with the facts. Thanks. Here's the real story. Video don't lie. "I didn't think we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts too"

Any attempt to downplay the 5th Steeler title is laughable. Here's a newsflash for ya : Steeler fans are laughing at you

In my opinion, this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg anyway. I don't see a team in a better position to win another one than the Steelers right now. The Steelers have young talent all over the place while teams like the patriots are seriously showing their age.

I have a good feeling that next year, we'll be celebrating our 6th championship.

SteelCity said:
Any attempt to downplay the 5th Steeler title is laughable. Here's a newsflash for ya : Steeler fans are laughing at you

In my opinion, this is just the tip of the proverbial iceberg anyway. I don't see a team in a better position to win another one than the Steelers right now. The Steelers have young talent all over the place while teams like the patriots are seriously showing their age.

I have a good feeling that next year, we'll be celebrating our 6th championship.

Dude, you are an ignoramus. You have no clue about the talent level of our young team versus your aged one. If you actually took the time to look at the two teams, you would find we are younger, faster and better than the Steelers.
Seems to me you did not beat the Patriots in 2005. In fact, the Steelers have lost every single playoff game you have played against us since the 90's.

Yes, you won, you are the Superbowl XL Champs. I will not take anything away from your victory. Congrats to the Steeler fans that understand good sportsmanship, that would not be you.

Take your thumb, the one with the new ring on it and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Looking forward to knocking you out of the playoffs, again, during the 2006 season. Run along troll......

I don't see a team in a better position to win another one than the Steelers right now. The Steelers have young talent all over the place while teams like the patriots are seriously showing their age.

What are you, 8 years old? I think you would be hard pressed to find any intelligent Steeler fans laughing at the Patriots. They beat the Steelers the last two time they played them. Have won three superbowls in 4 years that included a 10-1 playoff record among a core of young players led by a QB that has yet to hit his full potential. A coach that is already being touted as one of the greatest minds in the history of football. They have 13 draft picks in April, set to be used by a front office that is envied by the rest of the league in terms of evaulating talent. Oh yeah, and a core of aging vets that play for team known for maximising player strengths as they get older.

You have a team of bucketheads led by a bungling coach and an over rated QB that chokes in big games, that despite their best efforts to hand over games to both the Colts and Seabags still won it all. Well congratulations. You guys are the champs, but don't get all delusional about your chances for next year. The Steelers will be lucky to make the playoffs

Man I love these types of threads. Keep 'em comign fellas.

I already named 5 key guys on your team that are old. Don't get upset. I'm just stating facts.

The Steelers have lots of young talent. Big time players like Ben, Heath Miller, Troy Polamalu, Ike Taylor, Bryant Mcfadden, Willie Parker, Max Starks, Casey Hampton.

Thats not to mention guys that are in their prime.

I see great players on the patriots but they are very old and showing their age. The young patriots are very unimpressive.

On offense (besides Dillon) they are still young. On defense (besides the DL) they are getting a little long in the tooth.
Doesn't really matter. As long as they have Brady they will contend.
God, now I feel so dirty.

I agree. They are contenders but Brady can't do it himself. Just look at the Denver game.

I just don't see any promising replacements for the ageing greats on this team. I think their window might still be open.

Brady is great but he needs help.

With the exception of Brady and Seymour, most of their other good players are old.

The rest of their players are solid role players at best.

Last edited:
ClosingTime said:
On offense (besides Dillon) they are still young. On defense (besides the DL) they are getting a little long in the tooth.
Doesn't really matter. As long as they have Brady they will contend.
God, now I feel so dirty.

'atta boy ClosingTime.

Steel,
I only said contend and with how crappy the AFC East is liekly to be again next year along with another cupcake schedule, that shouldn't be too difficult.
Honestly though, Who cares?

PITTSBURGH STEELERS - 5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS

Last edited:
Closing,
I agree. They are lucky to be in the AFC east. Really, thats the only reason they made the playoffs this year. That division really sucks.

Yep - 5 time World Champs

Yeah because playing the Browns and Ravens (and up until this year Bengals) twice a year is really a back breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back