PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasons why all NFL fans should forget the 2005 season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

richpats

Banned
Reaction score
I'll start with an easy one:

Did we have ONE good game in the playoffs this year? By 'good' I mean both teams looked like they had their crap together, not to be confused with a close game between teams playing like crap (see Super Bowl XL).

I don't know but I figure from your perspective, this is probably as good of a reason as any......

Is that Johnny Damon in a Yankee hat on that cover too?..... I guess when it rains, it pours.......

Attachments

• hines exp 2.JPG
    hines exp 2.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 289
Last edited:
SteelCity said:
I guess when it rains, it pours.......
It's been pouring pretty good with 3 SB in 4 years.

There were some good playoffs games and some disappointing ones. The thing that sucked IMO was the Steelers and Seahawks both played legitimitely well enough to get to the SB then both played badly in it.

SteelCity said:
Is that Johnny Damon in a Yankee hat on that cover too?
And how are those Pirates doing, anyway ? :cool:

And how are those Pirates doing, anyway ?

Not a Pirate fan but thanks for asking.....

But anyways, what kind of a shot would you give an old team like the Patriots for next year? Not much young talent there.....

Pittsburgh Steelers: Your world champions

Johnny sure does look better in pinstripes doesn't he?

Attachments

• hines exp 2.JPG
    hines exp 2.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 249
Shouldn't that cover say The Steelers "win" their fifth ring. Or The Steelers win their fifth ring*.
*Officials handed it to them.
3 penalties in the whole game. 2 false starts in the first 5 minutes and 1 Offensive PI on a nothing play 2nd down. One TD that should not have been called a TD. A horse-collar tackle that was not flagged. A delay of game that was not flagged. The list goes on. While Seattle got a ticky tack PI call to take their first TD away. A holding call where there was no holding. Hasselbeck gets a personal foul on what was a legal and good play. Had to challenge to get the ball back after Hasslebeck was down by contact DIRECTLY in front of the ref. The list goes on.

Ahhhhh Stupor Bowl XL. One for the record books

delay1.jpg
delay2.jpg
Ref---->
whistle.gif

Last edited:
richpats said:
I'll start with an easy one:

Did we have ONE good game in the playoffs this year? By 'good' I mean both teams looked like they had their crap together, not to be confused with a close game between teams playing like crap (see Super Bowl XL).

It's funny how both the Pats and Seahawks controlled the first half of their last games. Holding on to a 3-0 lead up until right around the 2 minute warning. And in both games you can draw a direct parallel between their loss and the officials making awful calls that put both of them behind when they should have been still playing from a leading and controlling position.

Last edited:
It's funny how both the Pats and Seahawks controlled the first half of their last games. Holding on to a 3-0 lead up until right around the 2 minute warning.

No actually its funny how teams suck and then when they lose, they want to blame officiating. In reality, you guys have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Here is a detailed examination of the super bowl calls you have been crying about.... knock yourself out

You really need to get over it.

Pittsburgh Steelers: World champs

Deal with it.

Attachments

• Super Cowher 2.JPG
    Super Cowher 2.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 235
SteelCity said:
No actually its funny how teams suck and then when they lose, they want to blame officiating. In reality, you guys have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Here is a detailed examination of the super bowl calls you have been crying about.... knock yourself out

Deal with it.

I actually agree, fussing about the refs after the game has concluded is nothing short of "loser speak". I'm not necessarily above the fray here, because I think the officiating stunk. Still, both teams had their chances.

On another note, your favorite team is on top for the time being. So you're going to have to defend pot-shots from everywhere. It's the price you pay.

And by the way, everybody whines, even the Steelers bandwagoneers:

Cheating pays dividends for Patriots and Coach What's-his-name - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/04023/264687.stm

SteelCity said:
what kind of a shot would you give an old team like the Patriots for next year? Not much young talent there.....
Are you daft?

The entire starting offense except for Dillon is under age 30, and more than half the starting defense is under 30 (with the LBs being the only "old" group).

Talk all you want, but get your facts straight so you don't sound like an ill-informed jackass.

The entire starting offense except for Dillon is under age 30, and more than half the starting defense is under 30 (with the LBs being the only "old" group).

I don't disagree with anything you said but you missed the point entirely. Where is the good young talent on the Patriots? Sure you had plenty of great players over the years but those guys are getting old and certainly showing their age. I respect Dillon but the guy is a shot running back. The big gamers on your team are a far cry from what they used to be. By any standard Dillon, Ted, Willie, Brown, and Harrison are old. These guys have been critical to the Patriots success in recent years but how much do these guys have in the tank?

Besides Brady and Seymour and maybe Branch, where are the young big gamers on your team?

I mean, I can't figure out if you guys are closer to another playoff run or major rebuilding.

Last edited:
Hok said:
Are you daft?

Talk all you want, but get your facts straight so you don't sound like an ill-informed jackass.

Ditto.

Plus I need to add that though the Pats and the Seahawks did lose those games (through turnovers, poor clock management or otherwise), there is nothing wrong with pointing at officiating as one of the key contributors to both loses, especially if you want something done about it, which I do.

Hey, Steelers won one of the worst Super Bowls ever played, congratulations, I know I would love it any which way it has come. But don't get annoyed when fans on a Patriots fan site complain about officiating, when it played a key role in ending the Patriot season, and didn't get any better by the time the Super Bowl came around.

What are you doing here anyway, Steel City, don't you have Steeler's fan site to be celebrating on, or are you trying to rub it in to people who just don't give a crap about you to make yourself feel superior?

SteelCity said:
I don't know but I figure from your perspective, this is probably as good of a reason as any......

Is that Johnny Damon in a Yankee hat on that cover too?..... I guess when it rains, it pours.......

Cute, very cute. Would you believe that I'm actually relieved that Pittsburgh won instead of Indy or Denver? If this year's SB hadn't been tarnished by shoddy play on both sides (not to mention some questionable calls), I'd say the Steelers' run was the greatest EVER, since you had taken out the clear-cut 2 best teams in football on their turf.

Not speaking of the Steelers specifically, but if any 6 seed had won the SB it's not unreasonable to think that the best team didn't win it all. The Colts, eternal choke artists that they are, should have won it and won it easily. The bigger shock came when Pittsburgh handled Denver so easily, though I'm sure they had a letdown after beating us.

BTW- don't always assume a Pats fan as being a Sox fan, much like a Steelers fan shouldn't always be considered a Pirates fan, right?

I'll congratulate the Steelers and thank them for taking that bullseye off our backs- hope it doesn't get too heavy for you guys when every week is your opponent's Super Bowl :)

SteelCity said:
I don't disagree with anything you said but you missed the point entirely. Where is the good young talent on the Patriots? Sure you had plenty of great players over the years but those guys are getting old and certainly showing their age. I respect Dillon but the guy is a shot running back. The big gamers on your team are a far cry from what they used to be. By any standard Dillon, Ted, Willie, Brown, and Harrison are old. These guys have been critical to the Patriots success in recent years but how much do these guys have in the tank?

Besides Brady and Seymour and maybe Branch, where are the young big gamers on your team?

I mean, I can't figure out if you guys are closer to another playoff run or major rebuilding.

If you have to ask that question you are not a football fan. All you have to do is look at the Patriots roster.

You come her for one reason only- to gloat. Have fun doing it before you are banned, because this time next year the Lombardi will be in it's rightful place, the Patriots trophy case.

Last edited:
SteelCity said:
Not a Pirate fan but thanks for asking.....

But anyways, what kind of a shot would you give an old team like the Patriots for next year? Not much young talent there.....

Pittsburgh Steelers: Your world champions

Johnny sure does look better in pinstripes doesn't he?

Not much young talent?! Your ignorance is showing there, fella. Check out the offensive and defensive lines, our two No. 1 draft picks at tight end and primary wide receiver, plus the young cornerbacks and weak safety. By the way, who gives a flyin' frick about Johnny Damon? He's just another one of the Desperate Housewives.

SteelCity said:

Deal with it.
Pretty dumb when you think the world will look at this Super Bowl and will think of how atrocious the officials were as the FIRST thing. I would think one might be upset as well at the officials for stealing all the thunder..Ten years from now..THAt will be what will be remembered..not who won. And if you are stupid enough to NOT look at how bad the calls were..you are missing it entirely.

SteelCity said:
If those are the only two (maybe three) "big gamers" you think the Pats have, then our definitions of "big gamer" are vastly different from one another.

even the Pro Bowl game sucked; combined 8 turnovers I think

SteelCity said:

Couldn't they find a picture of Heinz (sic) where he didn't look like he was posing for his Pop Warner picture? I didn't want to say g__. As for Damon, the Red Sox replaced him with someone who is just as good, right now, and six years younger.

Pats726 said:
Pretty dumb when you think the world will look at this Super Bowl and will think of how atrocious the officials were as the FIRST thing. I would think one might be upset as well at the officials for stealing all the thunder..Ten years from now..THAt will be what will be remembered..not who won. And if you are stupid enough to NOT look at how bad the calls were..you are missing it entirely.

I'll go a step further: if the officials "let them play", Seattle wins that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back