PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasons the Cowboys will win...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueStar '71

Rookie
Reaction score
** We'll get to Brady. He will be hearing footsteps by middle of the second quarter. There will be numerous pressures, hits and sacks. Don't be surprised to see all three of our best pass rushers on the field at the same time: Ware, Spencer and Ellis, with his hand on the ground coming off the defensive end. Ware will terrorize Light.

** Your defense will be under attack all day. We put points on the board. Your formula of get ahead and play the pass will not work this Sunday. We'll win time of possession and control the line of scrimmage. If and when your guys get through the line, Romo will make them look like the coyote chasing the road runner. Beep, beep will equal score, score.

** The kicking game. Enough said. Your guys don't compare to McBriar and Folk.

** We will be very physical with your receivers. Indy came to town last year undefeated, smoking everybody, but ran into a roadblock in Big D. Their receivers got roughed up. The timing was thrown off and the best offense in the league only managed 14 points.

My only concern is you guys might get something in the return game and Moss will get a play or two. Not nearly enough.

The only good luck I wish to you guys is that no one gets hurt. I don't want any excuses.

'Boys 31, Pats 24

That's so cute. Can I pinch your cheeks?

You need irish Luck. There's always a chance ( in hell)

Cute replys. Nothing about football, but thats to be expected. And oh yea, save the pinching for your boyfriend...and yourself when you see the final score tomorrow.

** We'll get to Brady. He will be hearing footsteps by middle of the second quarter. There will be numerous pressures, hits and sacks. Don't be surprised to see all three of our best pass rushers on the field at the same time: Ware, Spencer and Ellis, with his hand on the ground coming off the defensive end. Ware will terrorize Light.

** Your defense will be under attack all day. We put points on the board. Your formula of get ahead and play the pass will not work this Sunday. We'll win time of possession and control the line of scrimmage. If and when your guys get through the line, Romo will make them look like the coyote chasing the road runner. Beep, beep will equal score, score.

** We will be very physical with your receivers. Indy came to town last year undefeated, smoking everybody, but ran into a roadblock in Big D. Their receivers got roughed up. The timing was thrown off and the best offense in the league only managed 14 points.

My only concern is you guys might get something in the return game and Moss will get a play or two. Not nearly enough.

The only good luck I wish to you guys is that no one gets hurt. I don't want any excuses.

'Boys 31, Pats 24
Big difference between our receivers and the Colts. Harrison and Wayne disappear when pressured. If you jam Moss, he throws you out of the way and gets wide open.
And if your OLB's are rushing Brady all day, who will be covering Ben Watson? I hear the guy has caught a few TDs this year and that he's a decent athlete.

Do you have a memeory? Did you forget how rattled Romo got from the Bills D, whio isn't half as good as the Pats D. Did you forget the Pats OL is one of the best in football. Did you forget that we can win games in many different ways. Did you forget how if Moss gets stoped, Morris and Watson can beat you. Did you forget about how bad the teams Dallas has played this year, some of the worst in football. Did you forget that Owens is the most overrated wideout in football who can't play in the clutch. Better get your memory back because the Pats are going to give Dallas an old fashioned ass whippin.

Big difference between our receivers and the Colts. Harrison and Wayne disappear when pressured. If you jam Moss, he throws you out of the way and gets wide open.
And if your OLB's are rushing Brady all day, who will be covering Ben Watson? I hear the guy has caught a few TDs this year and that he's a decent athlete.

Moss is the only one that concerns me. We are very familiar with how to deal with Stallworth since he played with the Eagles. The others are average.

Who said they all would be coming all day? That's the concern you should have. Who. When. How. How many. Decisions, decisions.:confused:

Cute replys. Nothing about football, but thats to be expected. And oh yea, save the pinching for your boyfriend...and yourself when you see the final score tomorrow.

Cute spelling of "replies." And there's so much "football" in your random, totally NOT backed up, assertions like "We'll get to Brady" and "Your defense will be under attack all day."

You may get to Brady a few times, but our OL has pushed back better defenses than yours (San Diego comes to mind), and considering the putrescence that IS your secondary in coverage, your D is the one that's going to be under attack.

Our offense is better than your offense, more varied AND more consistent, and our defense is better than your defense - more experienced, more confusing and more healthy.

However lame the Pats schedule might have been, YOURS has been worse, and we've outplayed our tougher schedule far more than you've outplayed your weaker one. The Patriots played their worst game last week and won going away by 17 points. Your Cowboys played their worst game and probably should have lost. Easily.

The Cowboys are a nice little team and you should be excited and proud of them - slim pickins in the NFC means you're likely headed for a Super Bowl loss. But they don't compare with AFC powers and you'll see that by this time tomorrow.

You lose. We win. 41-20.

'Boys 31, Pats 24

Spoken like a true homer. Your only concern?

Everything you mentioned is a concern for Pats fans. But if Wilfork can tie up Gurode and Davis on defense, your offense isn't going to go anywhere. Owens will get his yards and catches like in the Super Bowl, but Witten and Barber/Jones will be schemed out. You'll be lucky to score 20.

Wade Phillips will find it harder to run blitz his ILBs this time with the pass options the Pats now have at their disposal.

If I was a rational Cowboys fan I'd be very concerned.

Ooh. A "Gay" flame. How quaint.

Moss is the only one that concerns me. We are very familiar with how to deal with Stallworth since he played with the Eagles. The others are average.

Who said they all would be coming all day? That's the concern you should have. Who. When. How. How many. Decisions, decisions.:confused:

LOL, right. Brady's known for getting "confused." Both Stallworth and Moss have had consistent career days against the Cowboys and I'm not sure how you're judging those "others" you refer to as "average," given that their stats are not average. Watson is among the league leaders in TDs and Welker, if not doubled, will catch at least 6 balls tomorrow. He's been an important weapon in the slot all year for us.

You can keep pretendin that you're the one talking football and offering specifics, but you're really not. Which explains how you're getting your ass kicked all over this forum, and we're not even really trying. Kind of like the Pats.

Wait 'til tomorrow. You'll see.

** Ware, Spencer and Ellis, with his hand on the ground coming off the defensive end. Ware will terrorize Light.

Pssst... Left tackle Matt Light was added to the Patriots' injury report after he missed yesterday's practice with flu-like symptoms. He is questionable for tomorrow's game against the Dallas Cowboys. Light was one of three players who did not participate in practice, joined by special teams standout Mel Mitchell (groin) and offensive tackle Wesley Britt (team decision).

I'm not sure how I should feel about this. I regard this game similarly to how I regarded the SD game. SD had weapons on defense that compared to Dallas, from Merriman/Ware to the DLs. In fact, SD, on paper, has a better DL ans secondary.

SD was supposed to have a high-powered offense, most notably LT and Gates.

I would say that Norv Turner could be an excuse for SD, but Wade Phillips, though pedigreed, has shown little in the NFL, until this year, to be regarded as a positive. Is he riding a false crest a la Mangini/Payton(NO) based on a simple change of pace/players are happier? Or is simply benefitting from Parcells design with better execution?

Talent-wise, I think Dallas most resembles SD, whom the Pats handily defeated. I hope I'm not wrong.

Either way, this is the first game (besides the SD game) that I worry about. Can't wait.

Have fun Dallas fans who may be reading this, and to the Pats fans, HOW 'BOUT THEM PATS!

Pssst... Left tackle Matt Light was added to the Patriots' injury report after he missed yesterday's practice with flu-like symptoms. He is questionable for tomorrow's game against the Dallas Cowboys. Light was one of three players who did not participate in practice, joined by special teams standout Mel Mitchell (groin) and offensive tackle Wesley Britt (team decision).

If he has the same flu I have, and the same one that about 15 other people I know have, it's mainly a chest cough with a few nasty cruds here and there. Call it rest and expect him to play, possibly with needed subs. If otherwise, dunno.

If he has the same flu I have, and the same one that about 15 other people I know have, it's mainly a chest cough with a few nasty cruds here and there. Call it rest and expect him to play, possibly with needed subs. If otherwise, dunno.

I was mainly pointing out about "Ware terrorizing Light" - if Light doesn't play, well, then Ware can't really do anything to him ;)

OK. You convinced me. The Pats have to go 2-TE to pulverize the specific defensive scheme you're proposing. Maybe even 3-TE.

Now why don't you poke around this forum a bit and see how well they have both passed and run out of sets like that?

Oh, wait. They went no-huddle spread against the Chargers. That worked too. I guess I'm not convinced any more. Sorry. :(

I was mainly pointing out about "Ware terrorizing Light" - if Light doesn't play, well, then Ware can't really do anything to him ;)

10-4 , good buddy, roger and out. Can't keep track of who's spitting vitriol and who's making proclamations of insurmountable odds.

Either way, perhaps to assuage fear: if he has the same creeping cruds as me and the posse, Light should be fine. Less debilitating, as the flu goes, and more spreads like wildfire. Nagging, too. Avoid it.

Last edited:
If you jam Moss, he throws you out of the way and gets wide open.

Moss throws people out of the way? :rofl: Moss is one of the least physical receivers in football.

'Boys 31, Pats 24

thanks for the insightful analysis like "Your defense will be under attack all day" .Our team is just learning how to snap the ball and throw a pass and block people. Please go easy on us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots