PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reasonable outlook for off-season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeping King

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Now that we are past the sign Peppers, Dansby, Kampman era how about some realistic expectations. I would be pleased with this.

Re-sign Bodden, Burgess and Faulk
FA Signings
Antonio Bryant=WR2 fixed
Marques Douglas=Depth replaces Green
Jason Taylor=Situational pass rusher

Draft
1. Dunlap/Graham
2. Ryan Matthews
2. Brandon Spikes
2. Best TE Gronkowski/Hernandez

It certainly doesn't look sexy but at this point it's a reasonable expectation. I do think it makes the 2010 team better than 2009 which at this point is about all that can be hoped for.

I don't know much, but I know that at this point Jason Taylor isn't willing to put in the work to play for Belichick, and I know he's not moving from South Beach to Foxboro. Historically, he's had one use for New England, and it's to drive up the value of his contracts.

Yeah he certainly would not deal a death blow to my off-season plan if he didn't sign. I only listed him because any and all pass rushers would be on my radar. Yes even reluctantly Joey Porter. At this point Burgess probably does everything you could expect from Taylor.

I would like to hear some more opinions for a "real" off-season trying to stay away from the dreamworld of trading for Marshall, Asogmuha, etc...and get down to what can be reasonably expected.

Last edited:
Bryant might be well served to sign up on a one year "show me" deal. A year in our offense and on good behavior would cure all doubts in the skeptics minds and lead to a big payday a year from now.

That's assuming he can't get one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey