Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reason why you may be hovering around 30% in the approval polls

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Seymour93, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Associating yourself with clowns like these don't do any favours.

[​IMG]

In this photo released by the White House, President Bush meets with radio talk show hosts in the Oval Office on Sept. 15, 2006, in Washington, including from left, Mike Gallagher, Neal Boortz, Laura Ingraham., Sean Hannity and Michael Medved. (AP Photo/The White House, Eric Draper)

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +829 / 27 / -33

3. Seymour93

Seymour93 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +918 / 7 / -3

Whats funny is how awefull the lefts poll numbers are despite all the GOP is doing to destroy itself. This is the problem with todays politics. It's not about what I can do for you and why, it's only about hoping the other guy sputters, so that I can point a finger at him, since I have nothing to offer. It has truly become a vote for who you believe to be the lesser of two evils as opposed to being a vote for who will better improve your life.

Really sad.

5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

6. Turk

Turk Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I have to, gulp, agree:)

It seems we are getting more and more desperate for another option.

7. Real World

Ratings:
    +918 / 7 / -3

Exceprt from your article:

Dems a 'marginally accepted alternative'

What's more, in this latest poll, just 32 percent of respondents see the Republican Party in a positive light, while 49 percent view it negatively. Those are the party's worst marks in the history of the poll. In contrast, voters -- by a 37-35 percent margin -- view the Democratic Party positively.

In the words of the Big O, "you're making my point".

The GOP is at a 32 % favorable, 49% unfavorable. They are gross, and have shot themselves in the foot. The Dems are at 37% favorable, 35% unfavorable. What terrific numbers eh? They are 5% more favorable than the GOP (the Dems can't even crack 40%!) despite all the aweful news & corruption that has been reported against them. One would think that at 49% unfavorable, the Dems would be held in high regard, but they aren't. Why? No message.

Again, politics has become exactly as I said before. People vote for who they believe to be the lesser of two evils as opposed to being a vote for who will better improve their lives. Truly sad.

8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The last time I voted my conscience was in the Florida 2000 prez election. Never again, unfortunately. I've become complacent to any third party, as the cards are all stacked against it. The better of two bad alternatives has come to be the norm. The local elections is where we can make inroads into third party representation.

9. Real World

Ratings:
    +918 / 7 / -3

Well, I voted for GW in 2000 cuz I truly thought he was going to be fiscally sane, and cuz Al Gore was far too loony liberal for me. I won't vote for a liberal. In 2004, I would have voted for Hillary Clinton if it meant not voting for John Kerry. I'm still perplexed that the Dems would ever offer up someone like him as their presidential candidate. To think that the best they could do was an ambulance chaser, and a fony was mind boggling. People were screaming for a Bush alternative, instead, the Dems put forth a ticket that scared people even more than GW. It will be interesting to see who runs in 2008. Who will get the nod? Hopefully, the Dems have learned that they need to stay away from the liberal loons and move back to the center. The GOP is probably going to go with McCain. Who knows though, afterall, whoever saw Slick Willy coming in '92? He did well enough me thinks.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2006