PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reason to root for Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFaninAZ

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
If Miami beats Buffalo this week, the Patriots would have the opportunity clinch the division in week 11 with a win.

The division is a foregone conclusion. The reason to root for Miami is so they pass SF and our draft pick gets better.

Neither a week 11 clinch or improved draft position can overcome my distaste for anything Schula-related. Plus, I kinda like the symmetry of 16-0, 0-16.

If Miami beats Buffalo this week, the Patriots would have the opportunity clinch the division in week 11 with a win.

It's early, but do you think they will rest starters when/if everything gets locked up.

Week 13 two years ago the Colts were 13-0 and that was the huge discussion. Sadly, San Diego beat them and took the whole undefeated season out of play.

Neither a week 11 clinch or improved draft position can overcome my distaste for anything Schula-related. Plus, I kinda like the symmetry of 16-0, 0-16.

My thoughts exactly

It's early, but do you think they will rest starters when/if everything gets locked up.

Week 13 two years ago the Colts were 13-0 and that was the huge discussion. Sadly, San Diego beat them and took the whole undefeated season out of play.

No. Resting players leads to rust. The Pats will get a 1st round Bye. That's plenty.

I don't think Bill will rest guys for entire games. My hunch is that he wants to make history, and will balance that need with the needs of the players to play less. Playing less won't equate to not playing at all.

If they are 15-0 he will start Brady in game 16 and pull him when the game is clinched, but not until then.

When you have HFA throughout the playoffs you draw the bye, and that forces a three week layoff for guys that don't play in week 17. I think that messes with timing, and that they won't try to do that. I think they just rest injured people, and give more reps to younger guys.

Plus if Miami can win a couple of games our SF pick can shoot up the board.

The division is a foregone conclusion. The reason to root for Miami is so they pass SF and our draft pick gets better.

I wouldn't be too worried about Miami picking in front of us when you consider Cameron's first pick as head coach.

There's only two players worth drafting in the Top 5 and that is Defensive Tackle Glenn Dorsey out of LSU(who at 6-2 299 is more suited for the 4-3 than the 3-4) and RB Darren McFadden, who is an absolute STUD! Other than that, the highest-rated guys even worthy of Top 5 money are Left Tackle Jake Long from Michigan and S Kenny Phillips(Ed Reed clone) from Miami-FL, but I highly doubt we would want to draft either one of those guys and give them top 5 money when we already got Matt Light signed up long-term and we have Brandon Merriweather and James Sanders as nice young safeties. Therefore, since Miami already has Ronnie Brown and would be insane to draft a RB with far bigger needs, I really don't care if Miami ends up with a higher pick than the Pats. The Jets getting McFadden would really have me p*ssed, because that is the kind of guy that we would absolutely hate facing two times a year.

Last edited:

There is never a good reason to root for Miami.

Think about it like bellicheck would....The higher draft pick means less guaranteed money applied towards the cap...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes