PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reason Marquise Hill is still with us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was Reading on Patriots.com where maybe one of the reasons we have kept Hill who has done absolutely NOTHING for us in the years he has been here is because there is maybe a feeling by BB that he has some 'good bloodlines' that may come out if we keep him long enough? - Marquise is the cousin of Cornelius Bennett - All-Pro former Defenseman for the Bills - Does that mean he's gonna be anything like him? - Doubt it,He could not wash Bennetts jock strap for what he has shown so far​
His only performance when he was out on the field sunday was an encroachment call that I believe gave the Jets a 1st down - Why we keep him and waste a roster spot is beyond me,If its for this so-called 'bloodlines' we might as well give Marquise a transfusion - Johnathan Sullivan showed us more than him which is sad,and I think we can go out and get a guy who may still be looking for work now to be a better backup player for us,theres got to be a guy out there,can't be much more of a waste at this point.​

That's a good question. We asked that exact question to Mike Reiss during a phone conversation for our next show. Here's some of what Mike had to say about Marquise Hill:

"for a backup defensive lineman, (he's) a solid enough enough player. Not too many teams are going to be layered that deep on the defensive line, especially the way the Patriots like to play on the line.....but the fact that Hill now in his 3rd year (has yet) to step up is disappointing."

I find it quite sad that it seems like Mike Wright is a player that is 10 fold better than Hill who was highly touted.

Hill has just been a space eater. Very disappointing.

Same reason basketball teams keep non-productive 7 footers around.

Can't teach size.

Why is Hill here?

Size and youth.

Sully went because he had plenty of time by any and all standards to make it as a pro. Hill is only a 3rd year player. That being said, he is a complete waste of a 6' 6" body. I focused on him the series he played. The Jets ran up the middle on several plays and Hill finished each play still standing and not in on the tackle. BB pulled him and went with Wright the rest of the game. He is a BUST of a 2nd round pick.

BB has had many 2nd round busts.
Adrian Klemm, Bethel Johnson, Marquis "Useless" Hill and now the newest bust in training, Chad "Clueless" Jackson.

Last edited:
I am patient and deferential
regarding roster decisions.
But even i have now gotten to wondering about this lad ...
and the management decision that retains him.

I guess he'll be kleckoed next training camp.

psychoPat said:
Three years is plenty of time for Hill. Best case scenario is the "Bethel Johnson swap" (I'll trade my bust for your bust).

i say we do get him "kleckoed" in the words of psychoPAT. it's just some not needed weight on the team.

Why is he still with us?

Easy - the answer is so that he doesn't become the next Miami Dolphin. Don't think for one second that Saban wouldn't love to get his mitts on this former LSU Tiger.

Go Wolverines!

PatsWickedPissah said:
Why is Hill here?

Size and youth.

Sully went because he had plenty of time by any and all standards to make it as a pro. Hill is only a 3rd year player. That being said, he is a complete waste of a 6' 6" body. I focused on him the series he played. The Jets ran up the middle on several plays and Hill finished each play still standing and not in on the tackle. BB pulled him and went with Wright the rest of the game. He is a BUST of a 2nd round pick.

Adrian Klemm, Bethel Johnson, Marquis "Useless" Hill and now the newest bust in training, Chad "Clueless" Jackson.

You were doing fine until you took your shot at Jackson.

You will eat those words as he will develop quite nicely and maybe even show a little as soon as this year. Very few WR's show much in their first year.

Hill didn't look that bad to me.

psychoPat said:

I'd call it Betheled. Klecko wasn't really a bust, he was just a guy who the Patriots couldn't find a position for. Unlike Hill, he really wasn't expected to be a star (people were talking about Hill being a possible replacement for Seymour, remember?) and was never touted as such.

Funniest thing I heard in the stands last game... Hill gets run over on some play and then is running off the field to be substituted, "Keep running Marquise! All the way to the bus station!"

PatsWickedPissah said:
Why is Hill here?

Size and youth.

Agreed. Hill is an F'in bust... total piece of ****...
end of story... but, it was a VERY weak draft... who would YOU have taken over him?

lobster said:
Hill didn't look that bad to me.
which game did you watch? musta had plenty of brewskis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes