Really reaching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInVa

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Okay, you're really reaching when you start thinking about someone hitting FA NEXT year... but I'm thinkin' one guy I would absolutely LOVE in a Pats uni is Ronde Barber of the Bucs. Probably won't happen... but he's one of the best corners in the game, a character guy, and co-writes CHILDRENS BOOKS for God's sake (as opposed to the usual offseason activities of doing drugs, driving too fast, drinking pitchers of baby blood on television, etc.)

It's just deep in the off-season, and Law's not long for the CB position even if we snag him.... just an offseason dream, most likely.

PFnV

He's worked cheap for the Bucs (relatively speaking) for the last couple of seasons and been none too happy about it. Hinted at a holdout last year but didn't. Odds are they will sign him to a retire as a Buc contract sometime this season. If not he will want every last nickel he can get in his last NFL deal. He already has a ring.

He'll be 32 next season - same age as Ty this season. Between the two I'd rather have Ty back because we know what he can do in this system. Ronde is a Tampa 2 Dungy CB - an inch shorter and 15-20 lbs lighter. Ronde had a monster season for Dungy in 2001, but Ty's been the more consistently productive even though he missed most of a season in his prime. Ty has one more Pro Bowl nod, and should have had at least one or two more. And I think Ty projects better as a potential finish it out as a safety guy because of his size and ball hawking instincts.

But if he for some reason wanted to come here on a reasonable 3 year deal, Ronde would be more than welcome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back