PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reality check: Browns blowout Giants by 21 points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Reality check: Giants losing by 21 points to Browns

I guess it goes to show you that nothing can be taken for granted in this league. BTW, Arizona might be the surprise NFC representative in Tampa Bay this year. They played a heckuva game against Dallas and have buried Miami and Buffalo this year already.

best team in the nfl is the titans

5-0

Point being, how quickly a team can go from being the clear "best" to right back with the rest of the pack.

Funny how 3 out of the consensus top 5 teams in the NFL (Giants, Redskins, Cowboys) all lost, two of those losses coming to consensus bottom 5 (Browns, Rams) teams.

iam not sure this thread is having the desired effect . More people think the giants are suddenly an overrated sucky team than hope that things could be better for the pats in the future since anything can happen .No one is spared here , not even the giants.

In case they're missing something...

The NFL rapidly changes week-to-week and definitive conclusions (Giants are the best team in the NFL, Colts are horrible, Pats will go no better than 8-8) can't be made after 5 games.

The 49ers in 1988 also won the super bowl with a 10-6 record.

you're right. my bad. however, the 2007 giants are still the worst team to ever win the super bowl. we should be downright ashamed. if we lost to the colts or chargers last year, i would tip my cap to the better team. but the 2007 giants? no way will they ever get respect from me.

you're right. my bad. however, the 2007 giants are still the worst team to ever win the super bowl. we should be downright ashamed. if we lost to the colts or chargers last year, i would tip my cap to the better team. but the 2007 giants? no way will they ever get respect from me.

Even had either of them beaten us, the Colts nor the Chargers would have been a better team than the 2007 New England Patriots, which are in my mind still one of if not the greatest team the NFL has ever seen.

I'm 35 seconds away from not having to add "one of".

Also don't forget, the Chargers were not considered an elite team in 2007. They went 11-5 in a bad division and pulled off a great road upset against Indy. Giants pulled off three of those and the big one.

Last edited:

I guess it goes to show you that nothing can be taken for granted in this league. BTW, Arizona might be the surprise NFC representative in Tampa Bay this year. They played a heckuva game against Dallas and have buried Miami and Buffalo this year already.

And would have beaten New York if not for a few Kurt Warner gaffes early in the game.

I actually had a dream where the Patriots were down by 3 with 4 minutes remaining to the Cardinals in this year's Super Bowl, and Cassel led them down the field to victory. It's a longshot but hey, you heard it hear first.

But that's just a sign of something wrong with your thought process buddy. It's the same thing that Warner and Marshall and all those loser Rams fans still say about losing to the upstart 11-5 2001 NE Patriots. A team coming off a 5-11 season who started 0-2 and were a .500 team 10 games in before rolling off 6 in a row just to get to a snowy tuck game and past a bumbling Kordell Stewart on the road to a World Championship by alast second FG. A team that struggled the following year and missed the playoffs altogether at 9-7. They will never respect us and how silly is that?

Nah, they are a bad road team and have 5 left including 2 on the east coast in the winter...

Warner is a boom or bust QB, game to game or half to half, easily prone to digging holes. Eventually he will whack that thumb one to many times and implode. There's actually a lot of those in the NFC.

Nah, they are a bad road team and have 5 left including 2 on the east coast in the winter...

Warner is a boom or bust QB, game to game or half to half, easily prone to digging holes. Eventually he will whack that thumb one to many times and implode. There's actually a lot of those in the NFC.

Well, if Arizona wants a great QB, I hear Culpepper is available :rolleyes:

Well, if Arizona wants a great QB, I hear Culpepper is available :rolleyes:

Well he'd certainly fit the boom or bust mold, but his cycle is more multi yeared...

But that's just a sign of something wrong with your thought process buddy. It's the same thing that Warner and Marshall and all those loser Rams fans still say about losing to the upstart 11-5 2001 NE Patriots. A team coming off a 5-11 season who started 0-2 and were a .500 team 10 games in before rolling off 6 in a row just to get to a snowy tuck game and past a bumbling Kordell Stewart on the road to a World Championship by alast second FG. A team that struggled the following year and missed the playoffs altogether at 9-7. They will never respect us and how silly is that?

we were an upstart team that year and proved we were no flukes by winning two more super bowls. so rams fans can say all they want. besides when did we win the super bowl on a one in a billion fluke throw by brady that ended up somehow on the helmet of one of our receivers? giants have done nothing after their fluke win last year. unless the giants win at least another super bowl, the world is going to think they are flukes. people thought we were flukes in 2001 but we proved them wrong. besides, i don't think our 2001 team was one of the great super bowl winning teams either. i'm ok with that because our 2004 team was one of the top 10 IMO. our 2003 was great too.

And, BTW, unlike the much-maligned Patriots D, the Giants D couldn't even manage ONE stop. Zero punts, zero turnovers. This may be the first time in 70 years that's happened. [Which makes me ask, WTF couldn't BB have gone for it on fourth down in the 56-10 Buffalo game?]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back