PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Realistic player move suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The realistic player move that I'd like to see happen is Lofa Tatupu getting signed, especially if Mayo's injuries turn Koppen like. But even if they aren't Tatupu is a PLAYER who makes plays. He tackles well, blitzes well, covers well, and plays with a high motor. He'd be a huge upgrade over Gary Guyton, next to Spikes when the Pats go with 2 ILBs or alone in the middle of the 4-3

Besides all that, the symmetry of signing the son of Patriot icon (Moisi Tatupu) and Sharon HS grad is just too good to pass up

Problem is the fact that Lofa has had two knee surgical operations done to both his knees and doesn't have that speed anymore. Why do you think Seattle cut him and no one has picked him up?. Heck the Panthers lost their MLB to IR and they didn't bother to work him out.

BTW- on Kerry Rhodes. Despite the Ryan comment, which IS telling. I can't help but notice that when Kerry was with the Jets and they played the Pats, BB would ALWAYS make a point to talk to him after the game. It always stuck with me that BB clearly liked him.

I know Brady worked out w. him this off-season.

Problem is the fact that Lofa has had two knee surgical operations done to both his knees and doesn't have that speed anymore. Why do you think Seattle cut him and no one has picked him up?. Heck the Panthers lost their MLB to IR and they didn't bother to work him out.
Well I guess that WOULD be a problem. Well he still has that icon thing going for him. ;)

The thread title was "realistic player move suggestion". I hate when people feel the need to just throw their fantasies out there... The Giants have put up with a lot from OSI and they just got him back on the field and are in contention so they are not going to trade him this October...or even next necessarily since he is signed through 2012 - after which he will turn 32 in season... The Giants will never get value for Osi in trade for good reason... When healthy and onboard or motivated he plays like a #1, but investing a #1 in a player on the wrong side of 30 who wants to be paid like he isn't is only something a crazy loon like Al Davis would do... Belichick might have taken him off the Giants hands for pennies on the dollar, but obviously it never came to that...and it isn't going to.

U r aware my opening line had comments about hitting the lottery in the next 5 minutes..

Like the poster after me stated, any help on the defense would help.. And OSI still has done more in 1 game then our entire front 4 :)

The realistic player move that I'd like to see happen is Lofa Tatupu getting signed, especially if Mayo's injuries turn Koppen like. But even if they aren't Tatupu is a PLAYER who makes plays. He tackles well, blitzes well, covers well, and plays with a high motor. He'd be a huge upgrade over Gary Guyton, next to Spikes when the Pats go with 2 ILBs or alone in the middle of the 4-3. I vote to send Gary back to being a special teams ace

Besides all that, the symmetry of signing the son of a Patriot icon (Moisi Tatupu) and Sharon HS grad is just too good to pass up

Lofa Tatupu is done. Not going to happen.

U r aware my opening line had comments about hitting the lottery in the next 5 minutes..

Like the poster after me stated, any help on the defense would help.. And OSI still has done more in 1 game then our entire front 4 :)
Lets see how the Pats D looks when Boddin, Dowling, Wright, Haynesworth come back. BTW DWare has also done more in one game than the entire Pats D, and we have the same chance of getting him, as we do Osi. Still you did say you were dreaming....

Lets see how the Pats D looks when Boddin, Dowling, Wright, Haynesworth come back. BTW DWare has also done more in one game than the entire Pats D, and we have the same chance of getting him, as we do Osi. Still you did say you were dreaming....

Well we can all dream, can't we.. But as noted earlier, Osi was out there in training camp.. DWARE wasn't.. Our DE's are unable to generate a constant pass rush.

I think you might still be dreaming if you want to depend on bodden, Dowling and Haynesworth. 3 players who have been more hurt than healthy in their careers. Look at bodden. When healthy, he looked lost and was beaten over the top far to many times for my taste. Dowling, still scratching my head on him.. never been healthy in highschool, college and now appears its carried over to the pro's. And Haynesworth.. 1 good game, 1 bad game and 2 missed games.. Yikes.. Not good

Wouldn't a "realistic" player move be someone like free agent Antwan Odom?

At 6'5 280 he could improve the defensive line, he will offer more than Ellis for starters.

At 6'5 280 he could improve the defensive line, he will offer more than Ellis for starters.

Never recovered from Achilles surgery, and he got shot in the leg in late August.

He is, one player, I would like for the Pats to work out. He has played as a LDE in a 4-3 Under defense. My only worry is his Achilles injury he suffered.

Well we can all dream, can't we.. But as noted earlier, Osi was out there in training camp.. DWARE wasn't.. Our DE's are unable to generate a constant pass rush.
You know sully, after watching the pass rush, I still can't get past the impression that our DE's are just pushing the OLmen back into the pocket and don't seem to be trying to disengage from them. It seems like they are making a controlled rush, not the balls out rush we see from so many DE's. It kind of makes me wonder if they are simply doing what they are coached. .

Last edited:
You know sully, after watching the pass rush, I still can't get past the impression that our DE's are just pushing the OLmen back into the pocket and don't seem to be trying to disengage from them. It seems like they are making a controlled rush, not the balls out rush we see from so many DE's. It kind of makes me wonder if they are simply doing what they are coached. .

I am not an ex-coach but I re-played a few series last Sunday watching the rush. I think that there was some obscure form of rush + contain gambit going on by design. BB's strategy of just let the QB make mistakes has come unraveled as Sergio Brown & company manage to screw up picking off wounded duck throws 2 weeks in a row. Campbell's late 4th floater that resulted in a long gainer probably raised Belichick's blood pressure to very unhealthy levels during film review.

Being that the Vikes are old and tanking to the fullest, I would think Allen could see the trade block some time soon. I would love us to land him, but there are a few reasons that won't happen: 1) this isn't the MLB 2) the vikings have visions of grandeur 3) BB doesn't make mid season deals typically.

Huh?

How does one arrive at that conclusion?

I might believe that but far to many times we put them in 3 and long and they completed a pass for a 1st down. how about when we had the backed up into their endzone and basically allowed a 50 yd pass.. Doesn't make sense if thats what's being taught because its no effective..

plus we'd use what we always used,a lb to spy on the qb.

Last edited:
Never recovered from Achilles surgery, and he got shot in the leg in late August.

Yeah...but...aside from that...:rofl:

These threads quickly become I'll take guys I've heard of for $100 Alex...

Yeah...but...aside from that...:rofl:

These threads quickly become I'll take guys I've heard of for $100 Alex...

Hey he said realistic and what's more realistic than a free agent?

A free agent that nobody else will want! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back