PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

realistic FA class for pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what you get is Bodden demanding a trade because he's tired of being only the 3rd CB.

A agree, a guy like Bailey will mess up the locker room.

You could lineup Bailey, Darrell Green and Deion Sanders at corner with Ed Reed and Ronnie Lott at safety with this front 7 and the lack of a pass rush would still lead to tons of converted 3rd and longs for the other team.

Amen my brother!

We have seen how horrible we are defensively when the offense does not give us a big lead. We need a pass rushing demon.

The guy that is growing on me more and more is Keiser of Stanford. A third round, maybe second round guy with huge upside in our defense.

Amen my brother!

We have seen how horrible we are defensively when the offense does not give us a big lead. We need a pass rushing demon.

The guy that is growing on me more and more is Keiser of Stanford. A third round, maybe second round guy with huge upside in our defense.

He's more like a 5th/6th round guy.

A Few options:

-Mike Sims-Walker, WR: could come cheap and would be a need if they don't draft a receiver in the 2nd.

-Jason Trusnik, LB: Team player who will contribute on special teams and linebacker, both inside and outside

-John Kuhn, FB/Heath Evans, FB: They'll probably upgrade from sammy morris. Evans has stated his desire to return to the patriots but Kuhn is the more attractive option.

-Sidney Rice, WR: He will test free agency and fits what the patriots need but it is quetionable whether or not the patriots will pay him.

-Alan Faneca, G: They could use another guard and Faneca still has a lot in the tank.

-Cullen Jenkins, DE: Like Rice, I don't know whether the Patriots would pay him what he wants but he fits perfectly as a 3-4 end.

-Mathias Kiwanuka, DE/LB: Kiwanuka has played some outside linebacker for the giants and I think he could really excel for the patriots as a pass rushing outside linebacker.

-Reed Doughty, S: Solid depth at safety.

Last edited:
A Few options:

-Mike Sims-Walker, WR: could come cheap and would be a need if they don't draft a receiver in the 2nd.

-Jason Trusnik, LB: Team player who will contribute on special teams and linebacker, both inside and outside

-John Kuhn, FB/Heath Evans, FB: They'll probably upgrade from sammy morris. Evans has stated his desire to return to the patriots but Kuhn is the more attractive option.

-Sidney Rice, WR: He will test free agency and fits what the patriots need but it is quetionable whether or not the patriots will pay him.

-Alan Faneca, G: They could use another guard and Faneca still has a lot in the tank.

-Cullen Jenkins, DE: Like Rice, I don't know whether the Patriots would pay him what he wants but he fits perfectly as a 3-4 end.

-Mathias Kiwanuka, DE/LB: Kiwanuka has played some outside linebacker for the giants and I think he could really excel for the patriots as a pass rushing outside linebacker.

Rice isn't going anywhere but I like the list.

Rice isn't going anywhere but I like the list.

Rice def could be going somewhere. They didnt franchise him and he will be a UFA when the CBA is finalized. he may sign back with Minnesota, but he will def see what his value would be beforehand. He is a possibility, although if hes gonna want $$ then hes gonna be out of our reach, and his hip problems are a cause for concern. but i like him and Sims-Walker as far as FA WR go.

And finally bring in Champ Bailey if at all possible. Relegate Leigh Bodden to slot and nickel duty and let Bailey play opposite of Devin McCourty. I don't know what his thoughts about New England and the Patriots are but I would guess there is a snowball's chance in hell that he stays in that abyss Denver turned into. If his demands lie anywhere near reasonable, bust ass and bring him here.

Yes, let's have a guy who would count over 5 million dollars against the cao next season as our Slot Corner.. That makes a LOT of sense.. :rolleyes:

4 more yrs at 43 million--or approx. 11 million a year. Even if he didn't sign with them, we'd have never paid that kind of money. But I suppose much like Asomaugh, it was worth having a discussion about. There's not much else going on besides the work stoppage, so I'm game for some far fetched ideas I guess :)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/22/broncos-agree-to-four-year-contract-with-champ-bailey/

Last edited:
A Few options:

Supposedly Mike Sims-Walker quit on a lot of plays, and made a big deal when he didn't get the ball, so I'm taking him off of the list in my mind.

As far as the FB's go, we haven't had one in a while, but you never know. If we did grab someone, I'd guess that it would have to be via the draft, or someone pretty darn cheap.

The Cullen Jenkins idea--much like everyone else, I love it!! But I don't think that we'd pay that kind of money for his services, and are looking to take care of the issue on the cheap, or thru the draft--or maybe a bit of both. Out of anyone and everyone, I'd love C.Jenkins the best I think.

IF we picked up a WR via free agency, I wouldn't mind taking a look at Steve Breaston myself. Young, certainly has produced and has potential, and probably would be the limit to about where they'd spend. Not sure how anyone else feels though.

Last edited:
Rice def could be going somewhere. They didnt franchise him and he will be a UFA when the CBA is finalized. he may sign back with Minnesota, but he will def see what his value would be beforehand. He is a possibility, although if hes gonna want $$ then hes gonna be out of our reach, and his hip problems are a cause for concern. but i like him and Sims-Walker as far as FA WR go.

You are correct, I thought they put the franchise tag on him but I am mistaken.

I like the idea of signing Sims-Walker but can't sign off it he dogs it, if he's not willing to give 100% he's not Patriot material.

I'd sign Kuhn and Faneca in a heartbeat. Kiwi is very interesting but I'd want to check him out very thoroughly, the injury scares me.

Kiwi is very interesting but I'd want to check him out very thoroughly, the injury scares me.

After seeing how little Taylor played for us these past few years, I think high injury, low tread left veterans are going to need extra scrutiny from the doctors and coaches before we sign them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes