PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Real opportunity for Patriots to rally behind Cassell

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcus

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Not saying that they will go to the superbowl BUT
there is a hell of a lot of veteran leadership on this team.
THey can 100% throw their suppport behind Cassell and try to shut all the experts up.

I have NO doubt that the Patriots are capable of beating the Jets next week with solid running , simple passing , and tough D.

Also does Pees and BB change their D to be more gamb.ling and attempt to create more turnovers.

The Jets are not exactly the Pittsburgh Steelers of the 70s.

Time to shut the Jets and Favre up and humble them

Not saying that they will go to the superbowl BUT
there is a hell of a lot of veteran leadership on this team.
THey can 100% throw their suppport behind Cassell and try to shut all the experts up.

I have NO doubt that the Patriots are capable of beating the Jets next week with solid running , simple passing , and tough D.

Also does Pees and BB change their D to be more gamb.ling and attempt to create more turnovers.

The Jets are not exactly the Pittsburgh Steelers of the 70s.

Time to shut the Jets and Favre up and humble them

all cassel has to be at this point is a busdriver. as long as he makes steady throws and doesn't turn the ball over, then we can win some games. we have so much talent on offense to help him out on that. on the defense and special teams, nothing has changed. the problem is other teams will continue to pick apart our secondary.

I still have BIG doubts about Cassel being the QB this needs.
Yes he did OK in his first start BUT ....
this was KC. He threw several times last night into tight coverage and 2 of
those passes should have been intercepted.
Against a better team they would have. He stares down his target
receiver and that is NOT good.

I for one will be VERY VERY surprised if he is not intercepted a whole bunch.

I'm not too confident in how he'll do in road games and games in which we get behind - but imagine being Cassel today and being a FA at the end of the season. Talk about a make or break year for your life.

all cassel has to be at this point is a busdriver. as long as he makes steady throws and doesn't turn the ball over, then we can win some games. we have so much talent on offense to help him out on that. on the defense and special teams, nothing has changed. the problem is other teams will continue to pick apart our secondary.

Kinda like Brady was in 2001. Remember, our defense looked like complete garbage during the first 2 games in 2001. Their game has just been challenged to step the hell up...and I see it happening!

Matt Cassell couldn't ask for a better situation in which to step. Successful team, amazing talent, great coaching staff, and familiarity with the system.

It's up to the rest of the team to realize they can win with/without Tom Brady. It's up to the fans to believe in the system and cheer Matt on. It's up to Matt Cassell to play error-free ball. And It's up to the media to tell us how the Pats can't win (which you can count on, now). This Pats team only needs a 'good' QB to win most of their games. Brady made them phenomenal, but they are still a great team.

I'm 100% behind Cassell because I am 100% behind the Pats! No amount of heckling from anyone could change that basic fact.

I think he'll do ok. And I won't be complaining even when he throws his first pick. If he only throws six this year, that's just fine.

I think he has to be more than just a game manager. I am not saying he has to try to repeat what Brady did with Moss last year, but the offense has to be aggressive to a certain extent for there to be success.

He has to be Trent Dilfer........ and he should be able to be that.

I STILL BELIEVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye