PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Real life Club Level dilemma. Take the tickets?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What would you do?

• His dad doesn't bank with you! Take the tickets!

Votes: 23 33.3%
  • Politely tell him you can't accept..

Votes: 24 34.8%
  • Ask your boss for "special consideration".

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Get a new job. Accept the tickets!

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The stupidity is that you think that an employee who has the honesty and integrity to report an offer and ask whether it is acceptable is someone who should now have a target on his back as a dishonest person who must be watched over. That person followed the rules and did the right thing. Your plan would discourage honesty.

Deus, I assume that is where you were going as well?

Yes, it is.

I live in the business world and I'm generally with RayClay on this. I've seen so much waste (not from my company, of course) that it's sickening.I have seen companies buy season tickets for various sports and they end up giving 90% of them to their own execs as a sort of tax-free benefit without any real benefit to the company or anyone else. There is no way that it should all be deductible.

I live in the business world and I'm generally with RayClay on this. I've seen so much waste (not from my company, of course) that it's sickening.I have seen companies buy season tickets for various sports and they end up giving 90% of them to their own execs as a sort of tax-free benefit without any real benefit to the company or anyone else. There is no way that it should all be deductible.

I understand your point, but it is also the same thing as employee benefits.
If my company purchases Patriot tickets to give to my employees as a perlk, that is just as legitimate an expense as increasing the company portion of health insurance premuim, subsidizing the company cafeteria to keep costs down, or paying for a coffee service for employees.
It may be debatable which use of corporate money for which gain in 'corporate good' is best, but ultimately that is up to the corporation, and a tax policy that dictates which uses of money for marketing expense or employee benefit is truly the government sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.
Business expenses are ALL treated the same way. To single out some vs other as illegitimate is dnagerous territory for our government to get involved in.
We could easily say that onsite child care should not be an allowable expense written off against revenue, because it is available elsewhere. That would be somewhere down the slippery slope you enter by making judgment on whether entertainment is a legitimate expense to a company who clearly feels that it is and spends their money to prove it.
We can be clear that the idea they would spend it to deduct it is silly, because even in a 50% tax bracket, not spending $1,000 and keeping it is better than spending it and reducing your tax burden by $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down