PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ready, willin’ ’n’ Vrabel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Box_O_Rocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Albert Breer points out what should be obvious.
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1018625
As smart and versatile as Thomas proved to be as a Raven, Mike Vrabel has long been that here. And, along the way, his teammates will tell you, the 11th-year linebacker has become something more profound: the model Patriot.

“That’s what we want every player to be,” fellow linebacker Tedy Bruschi said of the versatility of his close friend. “And Vrabel, more than anybody, can do more things than anyone else. He can move over to the offensive side of the ball, and he’ll catch touchdowns. That’s just who he is, just a natural football player.
-----
While Vrabel knows the defense, as Bruschi puts it, “inside and out,” the transitions aren’t always easy. So even though he already has gained enough football knowledge to coach when his playing career is over, Vrabel has readily gone to others to teach him how to play the inside as well as he does the outside.

“(Defensive line coach) Pepper Johnson played that position pretty successful, so I’d ask him stuff,” Vrabel said. “Bill’s coached a lot of years, so I’d ask him. I’d ask Tedy. But right now, my role’s a little different.”

Or, maybe, it’s just more of the same: Do everything on defense, as well as offense and special teams.

“It’s one thing to have the ability to do it, which he does,” Bruschi said. “But you gotta know what to do once you switch positions. Vrabel knows the entire defense inside and out. That’s probably the biggest compliment I can give him.
TE, SS, ILB, OLB, DE, DT, STs...anything else I've missed?

Re: Ready, willin’ ’n’ Vrabel

Vrabes for emergency QB! Gotta luv my man Breer. He and Freddie Smerlas were fellow Sudbury residents before I fled the Peoples Republic of MA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back