Welcome to PatsFans.com

Reading into the Collins pick

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by tonyto3690, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,678 / 74 / -75

Disable Jersey

You've been doing this for days now, and it's insanity not worth reading. When you get like this, you make Ray Ray seem normal by comparison. I only responded because you were calling people liars. I've dealt with that, and I'll leave it there.
  2. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

Who cares about DeMarcus Ware? Is Collins the next Connor Barwin? :D
  3. VrabelJr

VrabelJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +273 / 13 / -10

I don't see Collins as a DE in the NFL. I see him as an all over the line SAM Linebacker from day one.
  4. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +706 / 6 / -2

#95 Jersey

Collins can do it all. Rush..drop in coverage. I wouldn't be surprised if he is all over this year..DE..OLB
  5. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,901 / 16 / -22

I've been doing it for two days because certain haters on this site have been using the same inaccurate lies about Collins since he was drafted. Not sure why you have an issue with "days". What was innaccurate days ago is STILL inaccurate today.That is all I'm responding to.If that makes me a "Ray Ray" then so be it.At least I'm not using flawed reporting and lies as the foundation of my argument.

In actuality, this will all come to light in the future, not now. We'll see how this plays out. One thing I possess that a Ray Ray has never heard of is a long memory.
  6. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,117 / 9 / -2

#11 Jersey

Now that's just crazy talk! :p

In all seriousness, Collins is pretty much a Barwin clone, numbers-wise. And Barwin was a very good draft pick 10 slots higher.

It's funny how a year ago, this board was full of complaints that teams like the Giants and Ravens keep steadily drafting front-7 athletes, but the Patriots don't. Well, now they do! Yay, right?
  7. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,678 / 74 / -75

Disable Jersey

You're taking honest opinion and calling those giving it liars. You're doing it in a rambling and largely incoherent manner. As I said, when you get this way, you make Ray Ray seem normal.

How it plays out is meaningless. The reports are there, and that's what matters in the context of the discussion. Now, rather than get further into this when you're acting psychotic, I'm out of here.
  8. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +640 / 17 / -8

#91 Jersey

Actually all you have to do to prove your point is to explain Collins' production this year equates with the claims of his disinterest. How does one who has "quit on his team" rack up 90 tackles, 20 for losses, 10 sacks and 5 passes defended on a bad team who had the 4th FEWEST passes thrown against it in the country.

You might still be wrong with your opinion, but at least you'd have some intellectual credibility
  9. TyronePoole

TyronePoole Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

10. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,901 / 16 / -22

what reports??..show me the "reports"....I have exactly ONE tweet...here it is...

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard 26 Apr

Hearing from a few scouts … a lot of questions about Collins dogging it last year. Some think it was only because of bad coaching staff
    Expand

I just read his entire tweet page for the past three days...THIS is what YOU are using as "reports"? Some scouts said to Bedard???.,..yeah, some scouts said Marino was a drug user and the Pats took Eason....anybody can go on for literally years tearing the opinions of "some scouts" apart using RECORDED FACTS in this particular case.

I want to hear the opinions of coaching staffs that PLAYED against Southern Miss. last season in regards to Collins. In that regard I've sent out eight e-mails to coaches of the different teams in the Conference USA. Perhaps someone more substantial with first hand knowledge can elucidate what "some scouts" were talking about.
  11. TyronePoole

TyronePoole Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I haven't really been reading this thread but has lolDeus actually cited any "reports" yet or has he just strung along the forum again with his usual form of hollow matter-of-fact statement followed by some iteration of "I'll just leave it at that" for five pages?

EDIT - Oh i see, lolDeus' definitive, take it or leave it citation is a tweet from reporter he's derided in the past also citing vague unnamed "reports." LOOOOOLDEUS.
  12. The Scrizz

The Scrizz Rookie

Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -2

#11 Jersey

I don't know, the video I saw was off of him getting some late 'effort' sacks, blowing up RB's in the backfield, and chasing down QB's for no gain in the open field against the read option. I think those things all require trying.

The guy he reminds me of, just from both of their college videos, was Seattle's 1st round pick last year.
  13. The Scrizz

The Scrizz Rookie

Ratings:
    +118 / 4 / -2

#11 Jersey

Oh, and I love me some LB's. This Pats D was great when they had great LB's who could play some DE.
  14. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +366 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

I don't understand why people think that Collins might be a replacement for Spikes. The guy is the prototypical size for the Pats OLB. I actually see him lining up in place of Ninkovich in the future. He's a guy who has played standing up or with his hand in the dirt. He is somewhat raw at DE, but with a great mentor like Peppers, I think that Collins has the ability to develop into the next very good OLB for the Pats.

Ninkovich will be a UFA and 30 after this season. Collins is protection in case Ninkovich leaves or gets injured. Or if Jones gets injured again.

I think that is also where Buchanon comes in. Collins and Buchanon (or Bequette) would give the Pats a solid 4 man rotation at OLB/DE for the Pats.
  15. VrabelJr

VrabelJr Rookie

Ratings:
    +273 / 13 / -10

I think Collins represents a player at a position that nobody occupies currently but we were able to put Hightower at out of luxury at MLB: SAM Linebacker. I don't see Collins as a LDE like Ninkovich because he doesn't have the sand in his pants like Ninkovich does. The only person that can take Ninkovich's job is Justin Francis.

The reason Spikes' starting spot is on the line is that now that we have a true SAM we have to put Hightower somewhere and that somewhere is MLB where he is probably better than Spikes. Spikes becomes a backup, a very good backup and we should be thankful for that.
  16. Brady2Moss

Brady2Moss Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exactly Hightower is the future MLB, Collins takes over his outside spot and we have a linebacking core that can cover if Collins proves to be adept at coverage and Hightower continues his upward trajectory.
  17. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +366 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

Yet, here you are, holding the articles of Doug Kyed and Greg Bedard as some kind of gospel on the kid. As others have pointed out, you've slammed Bedard's analysis of players on almost every occasion. Yet, now you think it has some sort of value because it supports your opinion that Collins motor is questionable.
  18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +239 / 8 / -13

With Collins background as a S + his athleticism he would seem to be an ideal fit for a coverage LB who can blitz and get to the QB. Works for me.
  19. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +244 / 30 / -16

#12 Jersey

Has anyone seen any video of him in coverage? All I see are clips of him going after the ball carrier, usually a RB....
  20. bagwell368

bagwell368 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I really like the kid, but as a rookie, if he ends up as a LDE in the short yardage/running play package, it's because of several injuries. He's going to get axed in the NFL with almost every T in the NFL ready to knock him over.

OTOH dropping in coverage or rushing the passer he should do quite well at.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.