PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reading into BB's comments (reaching)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebman2112

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know I'm reaching here, but I'm wondering about something BB said tonight:
"And we got some picks for next year that put us in a pretty strong position whether we actually decide to exercise those or use them to acquire other players or whatever they are, but that’s good currency, so that’s where we’re at from today." http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Does that almost sound like they might be thinking about using the 49ers pick to trade for someone? I'm just wonering. To me it just seems he's saying they'll leave all options open, but I wonder if there is the slightest chance he might have been hinting to something....?

If Lance Briggs comes, its BBs last year

I know I'm reaching here, but I'm wondering about something BB said tonight:
"And we got some picks for next year that put us in a pretty strong position whether we actually decide to exercise those or use them to acquire other players or whatever they are, but that’s good currency, so that’s where we’re at from today." http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Does that almost sound like they might be thinking about using the 49ers pick to trade for someone? I'm just wonering. To me it just seems he's saying they'll leave all options open, but I wonder if there is the slightest chance he might have been hinting to something....?

Well, not to say it's impossible but my guess would be he said that because we used picks to aquire two players this year.

And as little as we hear about injuries and such, I doubt he would hint to something a year in advance.

If Lance Briggs comes, its BBs last year

if Lance Briggs comes, i will be the first to book my flight to Arizona

i think he was just saying that cause he always leaves all options open

BB doesn't say much, so you have to listen close.

We need an ILB IMO. He definitely doesn't draft for that position. Ever.

Briggs won't come here, and if he did it's not BB's last year. BB is now set up draft wise for next year (again) which is a good indication he is staying. I don't think that pats will trade their 1st for next year (especially this early not knowing where it will be...although odds are the 49ers pick will be high) The pats are set up for the next few years, not just this year! BB always likes to have lots of options so he can do what's the best value for the team.....bring on training camp!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots