Welcome to PatsFans.com

READ the Bill

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Then after reading it, actually think about the consequences, intended and unintended, and discuss concerns that you have. And see how long that takes. The "Read the Bill" proponents are falling short, anyone can read the bill but are our representatives, and those they represent, actually being made aware of the consequences ? I don't think so.

3. lostjumper

lostjumper Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

What an inane, stupid, piece of crap. Of course, nothing about tort reform, which is one of the biggest reasons medical costs keep rising. And my favorite, no more HSA's, HRA's, and medical flex spending cards. Thats completely retarded. Those 3 things right there are part of the solution! Those plans encourage people to stay healthy and be responsible for some of their healtchare. But then they have multiple tiers to fallback on. My company went to these 3 years ago and across the board medical costs have been reduced. Also, for 3 straight years our plan costs have not risen. And removing the medical flex spending cards means no more pre-tax savings you cna use towards medical expenses. This bill highlights everything wrong in our current healthcare system, and then enforces it. This is a terrible piece of legislation from top to bottom.

4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

wow....

now simply posting the bill to read is falling short.

Should people NOT read it, and be misinformed by allegations of "death Panels" etc. so they can spread lies at town halls?

just read it, and we can discuss it here.

5. alvinnf

alvinnf In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

6. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Because you see the actual costs and when it's coming out of their own pocket (until they reach the higher) deductible, they think twice about running to the doctor for a common cold or minor problem.....(section 9005 eliminates them)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  7. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

If you read both bills it would be about 4,000 pages of crap. Does anyone have the time for that ? I know I won't be reading it.

8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

thats kinda like not voting and B!tching about elected officials.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Actually, it's not, it's 4,000 pages and I have a job and kids, I can't sit here reading this and actually understanding it as opposed to glancing through.

10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

Don't be ridiculous Diver...about .0001% of the US population will have time to read it....and even less will understand what they are reading.

It is an insult to ALL Americans that this bill is over 2,000 pages long. It's obviously a ploy so that Americans WON'T understand what they're reps are voting for.

11. lostjumper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Exactly, and also instead of running to the ER at the first sign of, well, anything, people call their Doctor's offices, where they are triaged and either sent to the ER for true Emergency cases, given a DR.s appt, or given a suggested course of treatment. Plans like this are the answer, and instead the bill eliminates them.

12. lostjumper

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

have you read it? The whole thing?

13. ljuneau

ljuneau Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Maybe you should call the Obama and tell him he should read it before he announces support of it.

14. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

DING DING DING DING DING
    Grand Prize winner for the day.

15. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Here's some good reading :

The $100 Million Health Care Vote? - The Note

"What does it take to get a wavering senator to vote for health care reform?

Here’s a case study.

On page 432 of the Reid bill, there is a section increasing federal Medicaid subsidies for “certain states recovering from a major disaster.”

The section spends two pages defining which “states” would qualify, saying, among other things, that it would be states that “during the preceding 7 fiscal years” have been declared a “major disaster area.”

I am told the section applies to exactly one state: Louisiana, the home of moderate Democrat Mary Landrieu, who has been playing hard to get on the health care bill."

It's really sad that our government has come to this. As it applies to this thread, maybe it's a good thing I'm not a lawyer because reading this small piece (not the quote above but the actual language at the link) gives me a bloody headache.

16. alvinnf

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

The reality of this bill is that they had to put so many goodies in this thing just to get it passed. They figure a bad bill is better than no bill. They are a disgrace.

17. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +514 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

That's how they got the AARP and AMA to buy off on it too. $$$ and promises. Too bad the media doesn't bother looking into it or explaining how it was done.

18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

It's not the exchange of goodies that makes it a bad bill, it's a bad bill because of the exchange of money from special interests. It's not a bill based on good policy, though it has some good policy in there, it's a bill of political pragmatism that only mildly reforms one industry - the insurance industry - in lieu of reforming the bulk of health care delivery. It's being called health insurance reform now for a reason.

19. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +387 / 3 / -15

#18 Jersey

We lost control of OUR nation long ago. It's possible to get it back in OUR hands and I have a secret plan. Send 3 smoke signals and I'll send you a super secret encrypted file.

We start with the oil supplies.....:D

20. alvinnf

Ratings:
    +2 / 1 / -0

It's really not because of special interest.. To get certain votes on board they had to make certain concessions within the bill. Basically Pelosi had to whore the bill out to become what would be passable. She didn't satiate the special interest groups, she satiated members of her party for votes. That is why we have such an albatross of abill. sort like this cat.
    [​IMG]