Welcome to PatsFans.com

Read Her (If You Dare)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, May 2, 2006.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

New Democrats:
    I know all you "kind caring compassionate lefties" would like to see her Chain Dragged, Electrocuted, Gang Raped and then HUNG from a lamp pole, but PLEASE READ HER COLUMN TODAY ON "GAS".
    http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

That's tripe, Harry. She's selective in the information she provides. She's a bitter idiot, who only has a following because she's kind of pretty.

3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 14 / -28

She is also followed because she spews the venom of the right with a pretty face...Rush, O'Reilly, Savage and crew do not have this advantage...her arguments are pretty lame, and make about as much sense as the Republican proposal of giving everyone $100.00.

4. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

OK-:singing:

5. 363839

363839 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Anne Coulter is not pretty. I find her way too skinny. The woman needs some meat on her bones.
    I do agree with many of her positions. Not all, of course.
    Patters, if you think she is being selective, than tell us what and why.
    Her point in this column is the democrats tax our gas so heavily and don't want to allow any new drilling anywhere(except maybe Bush's ranch) and than act appalled when the oil companys raise their prices.
    Don't get me wrong. The last thing I want to do is defend Big Oil.
    But her point seems valid to me regarding the hypocracy of the left.

6. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

Very well put, it is a sensible rational post, the Sore Losing Liberal Democrats will hate it.

7. phantom73

phantom73 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're absolutely right, Coulter absolutely is way too skinny! Maybe it's all that evil that's in her system....

With respect to her last column though, AC is absolutely being selective. She is being selective by only focusing on the impact of increased production/supply on the cost of gas. In my opinion, she does this because if she considers the whole equation, it will most likely take the majority of wind out of her vitriolic sails.

Obviously, if only for political reasons, both Dems and Republicans want cheaper gas. The only thing that really differentiates them on this issue is how they want to achieve that goal. Generally speaking, Republicans try to lower gas costs by increasing the supply/production, while the the Dems try to achieve the same end by reducing demand/consumption (ie taxes, alternative fuels, and increased efficiency standards) .

Now, both of these strategies for lowering gas prices are viable and reasonable people can probably disagree on which strategy is most effective. AC's column is selective because it completely ignores the effect Dem attempts to reduce consumption on gas prices.

8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

I really don't know where to begin, but Republicans have played a major role in fighting alternative energy and the only reason that the gas tax has been hiked is because income taxes and capital gains taxes were cut too much. Also, both Republicans and Democrats raised gas taxes, even Reagan. As far as oil drilling, from what I've read it will take years to develop the Alaska oil fields and they would only provide enough oil for at most a few years. In addition, one of the big problems is that the oil companies are clearly price gauging. Many of them have made record profits, which suggests some form of informal price collusion. Also, why doesn't she mention the Democratic proposal to suspend the federal gas tax for 60 days and pay for it by cutting some of the tax loopholes for big oil, i.e., making big oil use their record profits to develop new and existing oil fields where permitted? Her column is sophomoric -- Democrats do not control Congress or the Presidency, so even if her point is correct, then she should be asking why don't the Republicans eliminate the gas tax and do something about the problem? She's an idiot; that's why I didn't bother to respond in detail before.

Also, true, Coulter isn't pretty, but she is the prettiest right-wing pundit I know of.

9. 363839

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

At this point I prefer supply.

10. 363839

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

LOL. Maybe you should check out Laura Ingaham. She's a tad prettier. But I hate her new short haircut. Yucchhhh. Just freaking YUUUUCCCCHHHH.

11. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

Your right and there is another one, did you ever notice what Sharon Stone does to her her head.

They say when women try to make their heads look like Julias Ceaser it is a sign of "insecurity" :bricks:

12. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Personally, I don't find women with buzzcuts attractive, but then again I've never had to deal with long hair. My past girlfriends have all gotten one thing into my mind: brushing, blowdrying, coloring, perming, etc ain't fun - I can see why some women just say "F--k it, I don't care how I look anymore" and cutting it all. Sucks for us.

13. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

She had cancer, her hair is just growing back from chemo.

14. 363839

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Oh my God. I had no idea.
    Thanks for that info, PFIEL.

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

I didn't know that either, or I wouldn't even have commented on Sharon Stone. "Sorry"

16. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Ann Coulter.

Wow ... the old maid need a good lay.

Gotta go back to Bob Guccione and get another butt reaming.

17. 363839

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Everybody needs to get laid, don't they?
    Was there a pictorial layout of this or something.
    Curious minds want to...nevermind.

18. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Laura Ingraham had cancer in 2005

Like Ann Coulter, the 42 years old Ingraham had never married, and probably will never get married.

(It is not a coincidence that these right-wing kooks will spend their old days alone in a nursing home.)

Her former boyfriend was my old Senator Bob Toricelli (D).

(Have you ever wondered why these right-wing kooks end up in bed with left-wing lovers?)

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  19. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +818 / 2 / -9

So they can save them.

20. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I am not defending the democrats......... Lets say average the average cost of a gallon a gas has tripled in 5 years, whose fault, democrats........The budget deficit is now in the hundreds of billions, not including the cost to rebuild iraq, whose fault, democrats........ Illegal Immigration has excellerated in the last 5 years, to the point of blue collar americans wages have decreased and whose fault, democrats.....I know the dems do not controll excutive or legislative branches but man they are just detroying this decade and they must be stopped:confused: