PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to the Rob Gronkowski Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dude is 6'6" almost 6'7", i want to see him in the red zone all the time. We had a few issues last season especially in the beginning on the red zone, i can't see many people cover someone like him.

He and Hernandez should be big red zone targets. I really wish Welker would have sat out the game against Houston last year so we can have him fully healthy for this season. This offense could be extremely hard to defend even without him though.

Im telling you, Gronkowski=Kevin Boss 2.0

The Dude is 6'6" almost 6'7", i want to see him in the red zone all the time. We had a few issues last season especially in the beginning on the red zone, i can't see many people cover someone like him.

Yep, I see his catching skills coming into play in the RZ and moving chains.

I am sooo pumped that we stole Gronk in the 2nd round! I've been a fan since the Pats drafted Tedy and I can tell you Gronk is a BEAST!!! He is a GREAT blocker, reciever and runner with the ball. He is nasty when he gets the ball in his hands and he loves to punish DBs! I have NO doubt that he is much better than Gresham in just about every way when it comes to TE play!! With TB throwing him the rock he will be a Pro Bowler within a few years... He is alot of fun to watch and he loves the game in much the way Tedy does...

Most don't know this but he is only 20 years old and had 2 years of college left as he only played 2 years and never redshirted. He is a physical freak and a pure athlete. He was invited by Lute Olson to play basketball the day he stepped on campus at Arizona(Stoops wouldnt have it).

Mark it down, he will be LOVED by all Patriot fans in very short order!!!

Psyched about the Gronk and don't want to rain on the parade at all but I am concerned about his red flag much more than the marijuana with Hernandez. I didn't see any details about the injury but I found this article that explains what type of surgery that was performed. If anyone has any information regarding this type of injury it would be appreciated.

"Dr. Robert G. Watkins III of the Marina Spine Center performed a 3 1/2-hour microdiscectomy on Gronkowski on Sept. 24, removing a small portion of his spine to relieve pressure on his sciatic nerve."

that's from an article in the Arizon Daily Star

Wow he has hands the size of bread baskets. This is good. But OK Gronk; enough of the limelight. Time to get to work.

Watching his reaction when he got drafted was awesome; I have not seen that spirit out of a Patriot in years. I was out of my seat. This was the best ever draft to watch; let's hope it is the best ever for the Patriots.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back