PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reactions to the Rob Gronkowski Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha just watched the video. looking forward to seeing him play for the pats now

The last time we were all so hyped on a selection was erm, Chad Jackson.

But, I really think this guy is going to be a ProBowler after 3 years max.

Reminds me of Antonio Gates.

I wonder if he can grow a scruffy beard? We need another serial killer.

Two things;

1) I love this kids enthusiasm, if he can perform and has that much passion, it will be an incredible steal.

2) Espns coverage sucks ass. I didn't see any of this crap, I had to watch ENDLESS clips of Tebow, McCoy, and Clausen. ALL DAY.

It's a great pick, he has great hands

LOL Beast! Just watching him (and his family!) gets you pumped. He's definitely going to be fun and he seems very genuine especially his obvious admiration for Brady and our whole organization. Loved the helmet, he's ready baby! Great pick. I have faith in our trainers and docs to keep a good eye on that back.

The stands will be rockin':rocker:

How can you not like this kid? He is pumped and his entire family is rowdy! He looks like he was born to be a football player from that massive frame, to his attitude! I've got a feeling it's going to be fun cheering for Gronk in the near future!

If the surgery was successful (and he says he feels terrific--but what else could he say), this is a great pick--another big target for TB to throw to.

On another note, I wonder if the NFL might consider moving the draft to another location. The hall is obviously filled with Jets and Giants fans who make every pick (except theirs, though in some years, even theirs) sound like miserable disappointments.

I have to agree with Kiper's assessment that Gronk is a little stiff/ not very fluid. I think he'll be a good blue collar TE.

He is 6'6. Brady is going to love this. That 4th-and-2 conversion now is a piece of cake.

He is so strong the miggets (Bob Sanders type) will drop like flies. There is no need to avoid these safeties. Just lob the ball to Shaq.

I have to agree with Kiper's assessment that Gronk is a little stiff/ not very fluid. I think he'll be a good blue collar TE.

Pretty hard to be fluid when you're 6'6 265 pounds. He actually runs routes pretty well and has deceiving speed, being much faster than you'd expect for a guy his size. He won't be able to make many adjustments on bad throws, that's a given, but his good hands could be enough to overcome that.

This is a great pick.

I think I would have liked to have given this pick to the bears for Olson, but this kid seems ok, so well see.. the inj concern is the only thing to be on the lookout for..

I agree with you, Olsen is a beast. In the right scheme, he can catch 80-100 a year easy. He may have some locker room issues though.
I think I would have liked to have given this pick to the bears for Olson, but this kid seems ok, so well see.. the inj concern is the only thing to be on the lookout for..

He's the only pick I got right in the select 12 draft game so I'm happy.

Looks like a great pick. I just hope he gets on the field and show us what he can do.

Herniated disk is a serious injury and could be long lasting.

Last edited:
I want him to pan out. A lot. Of course, I want the Pats to win games and I want him to contribute.

But more than that I want to go "GRONK GRONK GRONK" when he pancakes some poor DB on an outside run or catches a clutch 3rd and 8 pass.

"GRONK" is a perfect chant and will pair well with any of the finer malt liquors or ales on the market today.

I love this pick. I hope he's good.

This selection may be the best indicator of all, the return of "Grahambo" style football.

Lets go back to the future,,,,

Any word on the Ravens try to pick there? Did they send up a card for Gronkowski and now have to tell Kindle they really didn't want him?

The problem with Olsen is that he's allergic to blocking. And you really shouldn't spend a 2nd round pick on a guy with that big of a shortcoming in a position that needs to be able to block to keep Tom Brady's head on his shoulders. I'm pumped to have the Gronk on the Pats roster!

Last edited:
The Dude is 6'6" almost 6'7", i want to see him in the red zone all the time. We had a few issues last season especially in the beginning on the red zone, i can't see many people cover someone like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes